• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

buthole captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
probably a lot of truth in mooneymites post. but i am sure he will be labeled "old school" or "old fart", but not by me. :)

KSUPILOT said:
So Iam flying with this buthole captain this week. He has a serious case of Captainitis. I do not feel comfortable being in the cockpit with him. I could sit here and right a four page letter on why I do not feel comfortable but the biggest thing I am trying to get over is his excessive overkill of command and response. The times he wants to do it scares the piss out of me. Give me your thoughts. He has called for the after takeoff check list between 1,00o and 2ooo feet of the ground coming out of busy airports. Today he wanted to talk about comnad and response at 6,000 feet in the climb coming out of a High dentsity Airport and I refused and called out "Sterile Cockpit". What are your thoughts on the commmand and response overkill?

THanks,

KSUPILOT

No offence or anyting but if you've got 15000 hours this couldn't be the first time you've come across a butthole crewmember with whom you have to work with. By this time in you career you should know how to deal with this type of problem.

Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord, why don’t we?

We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in ev’ryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why don’t we?

Ebony, ivory living in perfect harmony
Ebony, ivory, ooh

We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in ev’ryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why don’t we?

Ebony, ivory living in perfect harmony

Paul McCartney

atrdriver said:
Last time I flew with a Captain that felt it necessary to nit pick at everything I did I said "your controls". After he took them he asked me why, and I told him I didn't need flight instruction and he could fly the rest of the trip and I would take care of the radios. He said he didn't want to fly all the legs for 4 days, so I told him to keep his opinions to himself unless it involved safety.

I love it ATRDRIVER!! LMAO

Latest resources

Back