• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Busted Adiz again??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are making it sound like illegitimately busting the thing was inevitable. I fly inside the ADIZ and haven't left the pattern yet, but I need an ADIZ flight plan and a Mode C every time. For a -350 (or anything for that matter) cutting through, isn't it just a question of calling Potomac approach, telling 'em your intentions, and asking for a squawk? It sounds like the bottom line-- for this most recent aircraft and for almost 100% of the previous cases-- is that people just don't know where the heck they are. If they DO know where they are, they should also know that, among the good old ones like "Don't take off without visually checking your tanks" and "Don't get low and slow and skid your turn to final", they should pay attention to what the heck they're doing over Washington of all places. And P-40 too, that's another classic one.

In related news-- I don't have a GPS setup yet-- does anybody (Garmin, Lowrance or whatever software companies might be applicable) have a mapping program that outlines the ADIZ? As in here's the bright yellow (or red or chartreuse or whatever lights your fire) line.... compadre..... WHICH YOU MAY NOT CROSS WITHOUT GETTING YOUR ACT TOGETHER? I'm sure something like that is out there, but if not it couldn't hurt.

Bush was moved from the residence to an undisclosed location, McClellan said. During the last alert first lady Laura Bush was moved to a secure location within the White House complex.

Funny. Move the man leave the woman.

Flying Illini said:
Pax pressure has killed before. Why haven't professional crews learned to just say "no."...
..."Sorry pax, we're just going to have to wait out the wx, the situation is as follows, t-storms to the north, ADIZ (which we're not allowed to fly in) to the east and south.

When will people stop letting their pax govern how, when, and where they fly?! How many more people have to be injured, violated, killed, etc before we, as pilots, see the light?
You're assuming that the plane was professionaly flown because it's a King Air?

Hahahah...I know a guy that flies his own King Air 300 and he's not professional, but the CFI he lets tag along, IS. Sometimes the co-captain goes down with the ship as well.

FN FAL said:
You're assuming that the plane was professionaly flown because it's a King Air?

Hahahah...I know a guy that flies his own King Air 300 and he's not professional, but the CFI he lets tag along, IS. Sometimes the co-captain goes down with the ship as well.

My scenario and subsequent rant was more or less based upon the scenario that transpondersoff layed out stating that IF there were pax on board. My thoughts are that IF you have pax on board you had better be operating in a professional manner.

Either way, the fact that he busted the ADIZ makes him no better than the guys in the 152 that did it last month.

If i was the guy, i would turned off my transponder and tried to race the F-16's.... the King woulda won!!

JK JK

Hey look at it from the intercept pilot's point of view. At least this one was a little faster air speed than the last.

Cessna: 100-120 knots
F/A-18 w/ full flaps: 100 knots in slow flight. (not sure about an F-16

It is a little easier for them to shadow a King Air

Latest resources

Back