Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nov. 2008 can't come soon enough

Ditto

I like how lil Bush got on the TV the other day and spoke about easing airline delays. Anyone see it?

However its just fine for him to shut down DCA and every other airport in the area when he has a "presidental movement". Whatever dickweed.

Did anyone catch this wonderful sentance that came out of his mouth?

"we have to force the system to work"

Again, whatever dickweed, yeah lets force and old outdated/overloaded system to work. Because fixing it and imputting a new one would be the correct thing to do. O yeah thats right - fixing the system wouldn't do anyting for your big oil cronnies. i get it now.

...Billary, Part Deux. I can't think of a more self-serving individual.

I can: Dick Cheney.

She just wants to be the first female president, push her personal agenda of what she thinks is right for this country (not that Bush hasn't pushed his personal convictions)...
Ah, I see. Clinton has a "personal agenda," while Bush has "convictions." Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Right.............'cause whomever you vote for will do so much of a better job...............:rolleyes:

I'm not fond of anyone running this time either, rep or demo - but I'm voting for that guy from OHIO with the hotty wife. I figure they'll all perform the same in office no matter what so if I gotta look at them on TV every night atleast we can look at his hot wife.

lets start a drive/campagine -

FlightInfo endourses "the Ohio guy with the hot wife" for President.

I thought bush was for less/smaller government? He's got nothing better to do than worry about the very small fraction of the American population that are involuntarily bumped from their flights.

I love how bush wants to increase the fee for bumping a pax because it has not kept up with inflation. Does that mean airlines get to jack up the ticket price to match inflation?

He forgot that employee pay hasn't kept up with inflation. Just an oversight I'm sure.

The Bankruptcy process is the real culprit to profits. If uncompetitive companies were allowed to die early on, then companies that had strong balance sheets wouldn't have had to also eventually declare bankruptcy(like DAL). The net result is that management still makes money and labor gets dragged down. If one or two of the big guys and a couple of small ones were allowed to go TU then the rest of the industry would not have had to be dragged down.

Pre 911 it was conceivable to make well over 100K second year at a pax carrier. Now it's not possible(except maybe swa). Now we have thousands of 10+ year FO's making well south of 100K. If their companies went out of business most of these pilots would have new jobs making more than that at the CAL's AA or DAL who would still have extremely handsome payscales B/c they were not dragged down by the fact that UAL AAA NWA were allowed to stay in business even though they were not competitive.

Like congress has nothing to do with this debacle. How many shti-stain start-ups in the last 15 years have been allowed to proliferate in this country because of "de-regulation" and the unlimited number of neutered pilots who would work for these companies just to "get into the business and fly a big jet"?

Asking the airlines to provide good service nowadays is like asking a hooker to do a good job with both of her hands tied behind her back with her mouth taped shut. The FAA has been totally inept and the feds have squandered all the faa trust money into useless crap like stupid pork barrel money. i.e. bridge to no where and expensive ass TSA parties. Kick out all incumbents and then we may have a chance to get our country back.

Latest resources

Back