bush wants to increase bumping fees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skypine69

I love how bush wants to increase the fee for bumping a pax because it has not kept up with inflation. Does that mean airlines get to jack up the ticket price to match inflation?

That's an easy one to fix. The reason airlines overbook is because of the no show factor. So if the bumping fee goes up, tickets become nonrefundable. Flat tire on the way to the airport? Too bad! Grandma died this morning? So sorry! Meeting ran long? You just got yourself a bigger deduction.

Though I usually find myself in disagreement with this administration; I strongly agree with this move. Because it applies to everyone, no one will be at a competitive disadvantage.

Furthermore, if they would not allow airlines to overbook and none of them could, it would not put any airline at disadvantage for not over booking

I got no problem with doing it...but if the reason is because of inflation, then you have to take a look at ticket prices too....he only wants to regulate what the airline pays out, but to be fair you got regulate what they take in also! I would be fine with everything nonrefundable or no overbooking...would make easier to get a damn flight!

This proves once again that the President is a political hack that is more interested in sound bites to the moronic citizenry than substance (just like the dems, as a matter of fact). The problems of the airline industry have reached a critical mass because of Bush1's, Clinton's, and Bush2's do-nothing FAA and the fact that they all horded the aviation trust fund for other purposes.

Nov. 2008 can't come soon enough

And you think someone better is going to take his place. I have serious reservations particulary if it is Billary, Part Deux. I can't think of a more self-serving individual. She just wants to be the first female president, push her personal agenda of what she thinks is right for this country (not that Bush hasn't pushed his personal convictions), and make up for her husband whoring around and making her look like a fool in front of the world. I have nothing against a female president, I just don't want it to be Hillary and I will vote accordingly.

This proves once again that the President is a political hack that is more interested in sound bites to the moronic citizenry than substance (just like the dems, as a matter of fact). The problems of the airline industry have reached a critical mass because of Bush1's, Clinton's, and Bush2's do-nothing FAA and the fact that they all horded the aviation trust fund for other purposes.

Damn straight!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back