• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
So here's an interesting dillema.

In the past I have put each professional flying job i've done on my resume. The font got smaller and smaller over time.

In my most recent job, in addition to flying I have also worked in the Standards and Training departments in addition to other projects.

Bottom line is i'm out of paper.

How do I make that nice, concise 1 page resume, when my work history now spans 3 commuters, 1 LCC, 1 major, 1 corporate flight department, and the additional work done in Standardization and Training?

I'm open to suggestions. Is a two page resume really a bad idea? Or in this case would it be ok?

Thanks in advance.

(I'm not actively job-hunting, just want to be prepared if/when the poop hits the fan.)

Last edited:
I read that if your experience justifies 2 pages then use 2 pages. Kathy Sweeney I think is the resident expert.

Cheers

I was thinking about having my resume done professionally, as it has changed alot and I am not real happy with it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I spoke with Kathy today, and she would certainly get my recommendation.

I only put the last few employers on a resume. I take a truncated work history with me when filling out an application at an interview, but even that is six pages long.

Trying to include all your work experience on the resume is a waste of time. You can abbreviate it in the cover letter in a way that magnifies your appeal.

On my resume I list "Recent Professional Experience," rather than "Work History." I list the last few jobs.

Kathy can provide you with the professional scoop, but in my opinion a two page resume is overkill. The employer doesn't need to know your life history; just enough to be interested in you.

Thanks Av. I heard you are looking too. Best of luck to you. I think I am actually going to get together with Kathy while I am out here in PHX.

I agree with the above post, if you need two pages then two pages is alright. I am not sure what a professional resume writer would charge, but may be well worth the price, something to consider.

How do I make that nice, concise 1 page resume, when my work history now spans 3 commuters, 1 LCC, 1 major, 1 corporate flight department, and the additional work done in Standardization and Training
I don't see how you need more then one page for this.
What always gets me is the job description people put down. Two paragraphs explaining what they did as CFI; stop it already I know what CFI stands for and what they do.
Two paragraphs detailing a Part 91 co-pilot position;..." the Captain and me ..blah blah blah blah.."
I know what a co does on a King-Air thank you very much.
How about this:
  • Dates of employment- FO XYZ airline
  • Dates of employment- Co-captain ABC 135
  • Dates of employment- CFI 123 Flightschool
That doesn' t need more then one page.
If they want more info they'll ask.
Your resume is not an auto biography, it's to get in the door.
For everything else they have interviews.
Just my opinion..

Latest resources

Back