Budapest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mainah

Going there next week and looking for must see or must do items. Especially good bars!:)

chain bridge and then ride up to the parliament building (Huge building on pest side of river) (?)

The Fishermans cathedral and markets up there are pretty interesting also.

The Intercontinental Hotel and the Marriott are decent stays

Sorry dont know more about bars...to me it didnt seem like a real swinging Amsterdam type place...but I wasn't looking too hard..

have fun!!

Goto a place called "Old Man's" ,its a great place to drink and dance. Plays music that will appeal to any age. The girls always love going there... make sure you have a few shots of Unicom and buy a bottle to bring home. Also pick up a bottle of Absinth (sp?), they don't have liqour stores but places call sweet shops that sell all the hard stuff...and most of the women in BHP are fine as hell...

It's a old old city.. But the beer is cheap! (2 bucks)

Doesn't matter where you go in town. The women are gorgeous!

Try Norway, Sweden, Poland and The Netherlands for the (blond) woman..

FD

Hmmmm they taste kinna cheap and light (like miller light). Don't shoot yourself in your food, just order German, Belgium (dark) or Dutch (Heineken) beer.. It's not expensive over there anyway.

have fun!

Beer is good there, but Hungary is really known for its great wines -- in my opinion, easily on a par with the best French wines.

Ditto about the beautiful women!

The best wines (IMHO, unless you like the dessert, sweet types - then go for Tokai) are the "Bull's Blood".....don't worry, that's just the trade mark name. It's like a cross between Merlot and Cabernet and is world renowned - if you're into wines. A previous poster mentioned the thing about wines and beer. He is right. Hungary is more renowned for wines than beer. Most of the beer is imported and is actually German or other European. Everything is cheap and there is plenty to do. I know, I'm Hungarian-born, speak a bit of the lingo and have been there plenty of times including the bad old days of Communism! Need a guide??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back