Brown Hiring Requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Coool Hand Luke said:
I know a guy who is getting an interview the minute he get's his 1000 hrs PIC...simply because he can speak spanish...I guess they really liked that qualification.

Of course, the only people who think this guy can speak spanish is people that can't speak spanish. So maybe you should check that box and fake your way though it, it worked for this guy.

I speak fluent Spanish and I've never received a phone call from Brown. Your friend must know someone there.

Coool Hand Luke said:
I know a guy who is getting an interview the minute he get's his 1000 hrs PIC...simply because he can speak spanish...I guess they really liked that qualification.

Of course, the only people who think this guy can speak spanish is people that can't speak spanish. So maybe you should check that box and fake your way though it, it worked for this guy.

Well, I have had my app in for several years, am fluent in spanish, got the pic requirement, and yes a 4 year degree.

No calls. Let me know the magic.

BigEasy

I love the idea of going to Brown or fedx, I just find myself so sick at the fact the these companies keep eliminating competetion with no reguard and people line up for the job. Maybe I have spent too much time reading regional posts that complain about people stealing "mainline flying", but these freight giants seem to do the same thing, just heavier jets and k-loading cargo (as oppsosed to the self loading type).

Knowing Spanish is awesome. I wish I did know it. It seems a little crazy though that guys are thinking that this may be the key to finally getting down with the brown town.

I apologize for this vent... I have just been an observer too long on this site without saying anything. Perhaps this is my breaking point with flight info. Watching over-qaulified people wonder whether or not speaking Spanish helps them makes me a little sick... Again this may be over-reacting... but right now I'm pretty upset. As a matter of fact... I blame this on Margaritas. I'll deal with the backlash in the morning :)

600rvr said:
I love the idea of going to Brown or fedx, I just find myself so sick at the fact the these companies keep eliminating competetion with no reguard and people line up for the job. Maybe I have spent too much time reading regional posts that complain about people stealing "mainline flying", but these freight giants seem to do the same thing, just heavier jets and k-loading cargo (as oppsosed to the self loading type).

Knowing Spanish is awesome. I wish I did know it. It seems a little crazy though that guys are thinking that this may be the key to finally getting down with the brown town.

I apologize for this vent... I have just been an observer too long on this site without saying anything. Perhaps this is my breaking point with flight info. Watching over-qaulified people wonder whether or not speaking Spanish helps them makes me a little sick... Again this may be over-reacting... but right now I'm pretty upset. As a matter of fact... I blame this on Margaritas. I'll deal with the backlash in the morning :)

You care to fill us in on what flying UPS and FedEx are "stealing"? I think you might be thinking of UPS for "insourcing" flying that was previously "outsourced" Why would you have a problem with that?

I hate to beat a dead horse with the Menlo freight... and I'm not going to. This time I am operating the computer in a sober state. You are absolutely right, UPS "insourced" the freight that was on contract with the likes of Express.net and cat. The continued growth of any company is good for pilots as a whole. Maybe not immediately but in the long run. I know that there are a lot of guys (that are more experienced than myself) on the street right now that would gladly give me a square kick in the pants for saying that, but it's mostly true.

The problem that I had when I originally posted a response is the fact that I have recently been catching up on the regional boards and I see nothing but petty bickering about "stealing" this and that. For a moment I saw some similarities between the regionals and the majors... in this case UPS and FedEx. There have been several buyouts of freight over the years that eliminate competition completely. Do I really have a problem with people lining up for the job? No. It was a vent that was misplaced on this board. Buyouts are a natural progression for business in any industry and is the capitalist way.

My personal issue with large comanies taking over business is the fact that I was flying a little more when there was more freight to fly. I'm just bored(no flying) and frustrated that it may take a little longer(actually a lot longer) to log the necessary hours to get in the line with everyone else. The good thing about the ad-hoc life is that they sometimes will let a guy with low time come and learn on their airplanes. The industry seems to be evolving yet again and I am just a little behind the curve.

For a moment I joined ranks with the self-loving flamers on this site and that was never the intent.

TheGuat is the Rhoid, IHaveAPension, UPSer, ABXpert, OUT, 410Dude, GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, E170GuppyKiller, RJDC, TheMissingLink, LucyFurr and countless other previously banned users. Evidently this one has been allowed back. Did they make you pay for it, Rhoid?

Latest resources

Back