Brink is gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
I was at Colgan from 04-08', and Tom Brink was indeed a hero in every sense of the word, but you'd never know it. The only thing that indicated that he even flew in the Army was a painting of an OV-1 Mohawk on his office wall. He was a tough guy when he had to be, but I never heard of him being unfair. Being the CP at Colgan wasn't an enviable position and I think he did the best he could for the pilots.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

RIP Captain Brink

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The services are not until July 23, due to the military availability according to Dot.[/FONT]

Capt Brink interviewed me and hired me when the chips were down in aviation. He did 2 types with me and several nights eating steaks and drinking beers. I never had to put a cent out. He was a straight shooter and never did me wrong. Thank you Capt Brink for your time over the years and your military service to our country. You will be missed. RIP TOM

RIP Tom

A good friend and a great Chief Pilot gave me my first type ride, Steaks and drinks to celebrate...

Firm, but went to bat for most of us.

He will be missed

Goodbye

Captain Brink was a man that did as much as he could to take care of his boys at Colgan. He went to bat for me a couple of times and took a chance on me....even wrote me a LOR for the military. He said this to me when I told him I recieved a spot in the guard..his father told him the same thing when he got his commision, "Make sure you take care of your people". I believe it is something he truely lived by! See yeah again someday.....

I had a little run in with the TSA in IAH. The TSA called the Kremlin in Manassas and they talked to Tom. Tom of course then called me. Tom backed me 100% on the issue and called the TSA some not so nice names.

Captain Brink put the boot in your butt when you needed it and patted you on the back when you deserved it.

RIP Tom

Thanks for the lessons

Only met him in initial and talked to him when he called me for upgrade. It was just a few weeks ago he did the conference call, so I was surprised and sad by the news. Most didn't know of his battle.

I heard he used to say to the newhires something like this (correct me if im wrong please) "When I was flying the beech 99 in a storm I looked back at the passengers and saw a woman with a baby in her arms....and thats when I knew - it was blind trust."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back