• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brink is gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone provide the rest of us with some insight on Tom. Where did he work, where did he serve?

Very sad indeed. He was a good guy. He saw through B.S. and he did not tolerate whining crybabies. He asked quite a bit from people but he knew what it was like to give. I think he served at least one tour in Vietnam and perhaps 3 as a helicopter pilot doing medical evac and S&R. I think he was even shot down. I worked there when he was Chief Pilot at CJC for 3 years. He gave me my initial checkride.
Good-bye Captain.

He was a great mentor and always had good advice. Gave me my initial checkride. He will be missed. God bless him and his family.

Gave me my upgrade ride, two nights before the ride we were in the bar... never paid for a single drink. Another good man flies west.

RIP Tom. He actually interviewed me for Colgan and decided to hire me over 5 years ago. I only flew with him a few times. The last time I can remember was a ferry flight back to HEF not too long after he turned 60 he was in a pretty good mood cause he was away from his desk. I didn't even know he was sick, nor did I know the stuff about his past.

I will always be thankful of Tom Brink because he interviewed then hired me. Walked by his office almost every day when I was based in HEF, and he enjoyed getting up from the desk to chat about the line and things going-on-Colgan. He went to bat for me a couple times and never put up with crybabies- two things I respected.

When he was a chopper pilot in 'Nam, I think he was shot down/shot at while trying to fly an evac. mission. If I'm not mistaken, he saved a few lives and was awarded a high medal. Saw a lot in his day.

Thanks for giving me a chance, Capt. Brink. Rest in peace.

I think everyone I know who flew helicopters got shot down at least once. I know one guy who dumped two Cobras in the same day.

Sorry to hear the news.

I wonder if we know the same guy.... I was in the same squadron with a guy that was shot down twice in one day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back