Bringing Back The Jumseat!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bolo

We should not only bring the jumseat back, but we should allow as many jumpseaters as there are seats in the back of the airplane.

Airlines that are now doing this are: Frontier, America West, South West, AmTram, U.S. Airways (as of now).

I believe if your airline only allows one or two jumpseaters then these airlines above should reciprocate. But if your airline allows unlimited jumpseaters as there are seats available in the back then these airlines should reciprocate.

I am tired of seeing people getting left behind because there is one jumpseat per airplane and there are 50 seats available in the back.

I would urge your airline jumseat coordinators to change this rule.

What about regionals with unlimited jumpseaters in the back. I know at Lakes we throw on as many as we can. Usually we have so many empty seats anyways, its a shame to see them go to waste.

Add PSA, ALG and PDT to that list as well. Im not sure if TransStates, CHQ and Mesa do even though they are under USAir code. I would think so, but maybe someone from these outfits can chime in here.

Does that apply to 121 pilots only or can 135 pilots ride too?

Is Southwest Airlines allowing 135 pilots to ride again?
Our agreement was cancelled shortly after 9/11. I miss the warm welcomes and hospitality.

The company I used to work for had their jumpseat pulled as well off Southwest. They are still working on it but Southwest is not giving in. I spoke to a Southwest Captain the other day while jumpseating and he said he dosen't expect them to allow 135 guys for a very very long time.

Britpilot said:
Continental Express has had the policy for years, glad you all are catching up :D

Yea...I've always enjoyed our jumpseat policy. Came in handy during the 3 years I used to commute.

Latest resources

Back