• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shrek

Frontier Airlines Discontinues Agreement with Republic Airways
Wednesday April 23, 8:00 am ET
DENVER, April 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc. today announced it has reached a mutual agreement with Republic Airways to early terminate the airlines' code sharing agreement. There will be a structured reduction and gradual phase-out of Republic's 12 aircraft from Frontier's daily operation to be completed by mid-June.
"We appreciate the great job Republic has done in helping us serve our customers," said Frontier President and CEO Sean Menke. "Republic, while operating under the Frontier brand, provided a safe, efficient and customer-friendly product that is hallmark to our Company. Unfortunately with current economic conditions and other business changes, we have been forced to drastically rethink the use of regional aircraft in our fleet mix."
"We have enjoyed our partnership with Frontier and have a lot of respect for their people," said Republic CEO Bryan Bedford. "It's unfortunate that despite their many efforts to reorganize their business outside of Chapter 11, factors beyond their control conspired to force a deeper reorganization. We wish them success in their continuing efforts to combat persistently high oil prices."
With 12 aircraft being removed from the fleet, Frontier also announced the following schedule changes designed to reallocate existing aircraft into markets with more potential for long term profitability:
-- Missoula, MT (MSO) - Service will not begin (originally scheduled to start May 16) -- Sioux City, IA (SUX) - service discontinued on May 12, 2008 -- Jacksonville, FL (JAX) - Service discontinued on May 31, 2008 -- Little Rock, AR (LIT) - Service discontinued on June 1, 2008 -- Memphis, TN (MEM) - Service discontinued on June 1, 2008 -- Tulsa, OK (TUL) - Service discontinued on June 1, 2008

Never seen a reverse of scope like this before......especially in Ch.11.

well, hopefully this is a little good news...guess we shall see. As for the Rjet folks, they seemed like a good operation and I am sure they won't have a problem finding homes for the jets.

well, hopefully this is a little good news...guess we shall see. As for the Rjet folks, they seemed like a good operation and I am sure they won't have a problem finding homes for the jets.

Does this mean that "Lynx" will be doing this flying in the Q400?

Wow Shrek,classy comment.I know lots of individuals with Republic who go out and give it there all on behalf of Frontier everyday.If I were to adopt your attitude I could suggest Frontier going away real soon would be good for me and the rest of the airline industry,but again knowing the individuals who work for Frontier also,I only hope for the best on Frontiers behalf.

I don't think anyone here has any dislike for Republic. They have done a good job for us. Perhaps not as good as Horizon did, but boatloads better than Mesa. It seems like part of this termination of the agreement will include stopping service to some markets that were only served by them, with the exception of JAX.

Does this mean that "Lynx" will be doing this flying in the Q400?

I'm not certain of much other than Lynx was doing the SUX flying being canceled, not Republic. Sounds to me like a lot of shifting of flights overall.

I wouldn't describe it as a reverse of scope as much as a different approach during the bk process. It seemed like in the past when Ual, USairways, etc worked through the process, they just outsourced more and more flying to the RJ operators. I think Shrek was just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be the case here.

Well, I've been and FO for Republic out in DEN since day one of the flying for F9. I have never worked with such a better group of people than those at F9. We tried our best to save as much fuel as we could, but in the end, it just didn't work. Good luck Frontier I'm gonna miss this base......

Latest resources

Back