Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brian Wilson Endorses The ASA Coalition!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What they are offering is what the majority said they wanted on the Wilson Center polling. Since you think that the minority should get what they want at the expense of the majority maybe you need to reevaluate your agenda.

So if the majority votes in the fab4, and the majority votes in a contract that they negotiate, will you admit that the Wilson Center was wrong?

As for the email addresss, thanks, I'll use it right after I finish this post. I don't see why I have to email them to get an answer though. They took the time to make up a memo to promote their group, couldn't they have put their plan on it? I know where to find ALPA information, maybe the coalition should get their own website. Heck, I'll create it for them for free if they're willing to spill the beans on the "master plan"

What is ALPA's plan? Why do I have to "ask a P2P" to find out what we are doing? Tell me what ALPA's plan is!

Brian Wilson? I remember reading some of his V1 wisdom back when Comair had all those wonderful 3 hour sits in ATL. Didn't he write that garbage article about uniform standards that said, in part, you are all Delta pilots and should dress like them? I know I looked forward to the laughs in V1 every month! What a dahoosh bag that guy is! Good luck with the contract fellas.

Brian Wilson? I remember reading some of his V1 wisdom back when Comair had all those wonderful 3 hour sits in ATL. Didn't he write that garbage article about uniform standards that said, in part, you are all Delta pilots and should dress like them? I know I looked forward to the laughs in V1 every month! What a dahoosh bag that guy is! Good luck with the contract fellas.

Yeah, he also wrote the priceless piece about the nameless ASA pilots killing your family on an instrument approach because they forgot to update their Jepps. God, I love being talked to like I'm in kindergarten. Thanks, Brian, for showing me the error of my ways.

ps. I still take sick pleasure in leaving copies of the V1 (or whatever they call it these days) in the seat back pockets when I have to deadhead... I sincerely hope some unsuspecting pax have a nice read!

What is ALPA's plan? Why do I have to "ask a P2P" to find out what we are doing? Tell me what ALPA's plan is!

You don't. You can ask any rep you know, any negotiation committee member you know, or log off flightinfo.com for a minute and log onto alpa.org and educate yourself.

My question for you is not so much why you don't endorse ALPA's current strategy, we all have our concerns, but why you're so adamant about endorsing the coalition. What do you know that we don't? Are you one of them? Why do you feel they'll do a better job?

We have examples of why they(Lynn) are not to be trusted or counted on, but no information to convince us that it may have changed.

BTW, I'll let you know when I hear back from [email protected]

So if the majority votes in the fab4, and the majority votes in a contract that they negotiate, will you admit that the Wilson Center was wrong?

The Wilson Center takes a sampling of the pilot groups wishes. They likely survey more pilots than will actually vote in this election. If 10 to 20% of the pilots vote that will certainly not be a majority opinion. I think you and those who are doing the most whining are just wanting to get that PIC time and then cut and run. In other words you don't give a damn about this airline except as a stepping stone for your grand plan. There is certainly nothing wrong with leaving and if you are young enough you should certainly have that as part of your goal. But I suspect you want to raid this contract for your own selfserving agenda.

Quite simply, I don't trust anyone with my career future - I mean that I DONT TRUST ANYONE in this regard - there are too many special interest groups with their own agenda who are more than willing to try to manipulate you to their own ends and in this industry history shows that they are on both sides of the negotiation table. I have plenty of third party material and would be happy to pass it on (most of it is in e-file form) if any of you want a broader perspective. Educate yourself from sources other than the union and the company. Form your own opinion - we may end up agreeing or we may end up disagreeing vociferously but at least we will both be informed and not ignorant of the forces and conditions in play that affect whether our negotiations are on target for a sustainable contract or not.

BW

Brian you have been a controversial individual ever since you arrived at ASA and were put into the training department with limited ASA line experience. I would say that you attempt to present yourself as an authority on all subjects. I know and respect many of our top notch instructors at ASA. I can honestly say that many of their opinions on you are not very favorable. As a matter of fact most laugh about how you think you are the final authority on most subjects. You appear to write to impress others or maybe just to impress yourself. Either way you have used your poison pen to attack line pilots at this airline and have made the V1 publication something that is void of credibility! Line pilots are a fraternity and you have offended most of these pilots with your dimwitted articles.

If you really want to help the Lynn Jackson Fab4 you should probably not endorse them. You are like an albatross around their necks. She has enough baggage of her own without dragging yours along. Prehaps the two of you should sit in a room together and see who can impress the other the most with your self promotion.

You could probably use some help with those LOFT scenarios you have been working on the past 18 months. One of the IP's was telling me that they were so bad that they were not salvageable. Are you including one for line pilots who show for the LOFT and have an out of date Jepps plate so that they hit a tower and kill an ASA pilots family due to his negligence? Having you write LOFTS is like a hospital orderly writing an instruction manual on heart surgery.

I can say without reserve that you have done a lot to promote passenger safety by engaging in line flying on a very infrequent basis. Thanks for that!

Regarding Richard Gozinya's post, while accurate generally it is inaccurate in certain important details. Yes I ran into BL while turning in some paperwork and yes we talked about the contract in the hallway but our conversation migrated to his office and we talked one on one at length about the contract, sitting chair to chair for one and one-half hours. (I have known BL personally for about 5 years) He began to discuss a number of details about the negotiations at which point I stopped him and specifically asked what about our conversations I could relate publically. I agreed not to discuss any details about his specific conversations but he did give me specific permission to discuss the rest of OUR conversation which I in turn related to Beal a couple of days later.

Brian, did you OR DID YOU NOT state to Beal "... the coalition that BL had organized"?

Oh by the way, this would be a good time for you to apologize to the pilot group about your ridiculous pilot bashing piece about the Brasilia crew that killed my family because they were too lazy to update their Jepps and thus hit a tower in AEX.

I resented that slap in the face, and from what I've heard, so did most of our pilots.

Until you apologize for that, I have no respect for you or your opinions!!!!

My question for you is not so much why you don't endorse ALPA's current strategy..

I'll answer your question with a question, What Strategy? The sit back and let ALPA National/NMB save us deal isn't working.

BTW, Bash BW all you want but nobody that is voting for the coalition is doing so b/c BW told them to. For me, it is b/c the "Stay The Course" mentality of the current CNC w/ no results in the remaining open items. Its tx for a shift in our approach that the current CNC is refusing to do. By changing our tactics we are not giving up the store but negotiate a fair deal w/ a fresh prespective.

Even GW saw that it was tx to let Rumsfeld go...

Last edited:
Do you really find it so difficult to write the word "time" instead of that ridiculous "tx" abbreviation? That's really fickin' annoying.

Latest resources

Back