Breaking News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skaz said:
and start a nuclear exchange with every dick that has a nuke? get your head outa your ass, pal. the usa isnt the only country on the planet.

How 'bout you stop shooting your own troops first and then worry about the iraqi's, speaking of which, how'd they manage to knock out those three Abrahams tanks? those thing s are near indestructible?

Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch, nobody's nuking anyone.... there's no need to.

As for your last statment, is that all you can come up with?..3 Abrams (not "Abraham") tanks? HeII, since they far outnumber the American/British forces in terms of tanks, APCs, and troops, you'd have thought the Iraqis could put up a better showing.

As they continue to get more desperate, I wonder how many more of their own Badgad marketplaces the Baaths will blow up for the TV cameras to fight their propoganda war?

Skaz,
Depends on how you define "knocked out": immobilized or destroyed. I believe one of the Abrams went off of a bridge and the crew drowned. The others I think were hit by infantry with RPG's in the rear engine compartment (that and the top are traditionally the weak spots of any tank). The crews of those tanks were ok, and the tanks were simply towed back to maintenance for repair.

Those who don't study history....

From a PBS Frontline Interview:

He (Saddam Hussein) has a full library of books about Stalin. He reads about him, and when he was a young man -- even before he attained any measure of power -- he used to wander around the offices of the Ba'ath Party telling people "Wait until I take over this country. I will make a Stalinist state out of it yet."

46driver thanks, the only intelligent reply.I was in the branch of the RSA special forces, armour. So interested in what happened. Didnt think the Iq's could penetrate armour like that with a RPG.

catyaak so english isnt my first language and I was in a hurry, ABRAHAMS A1 MBT, that better?
The Iragi army consists of mostly conscripts, not professional soldiers, thus the present level of performance.

Skaz said:
[
catyaak so english isnt my first language and I was in a hurry, ABRAHAMS A1 MBT, that better?
The Iragi army consists of mostly conscripts, not professional soldiers, thus the present level of performance.

Not really, you still got it wrong. M1A2 Abrams MBT, named after Gen. Creighton W. Abrams.

The Republican Guard divisions now being destroyed are made up of professional soldiers, not conscripts. A few days ago, they heavily outnumbered the American armour. Soon, they won't exist at all.

Latest resources

Back