• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking into the corporate world

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No different than getting whipsawed at a Pt. 91 job. Boss to pilot (Pt. 91): "Well Joe can do it cheaper". You know the rest. Do what works for you and don't forget to have fun at your job, because too many pilots forget to do so!

This along with the making 100K + a year at a regional have to be the two most outrageous statements made in this whole discussion.

If you are working at a real corporate job. The guy paying the bills wants to know who his pilots are. He is making waaaaay too much money to let some lowballin' yahoo cart his A$$ around the country. My boss has about 58 Million reasons (last year alone) to not piss me off. But in the end you get paid what you command.

My boss could drive a Hyundia if he wanted to, but he drives a Lexus that costs 8X as much. Why? You get what you pay for. If you are not being paid well...... You figure it out. If you are working for less than your worth. Well then maybe you are WorthLess.

Some people are better suited to getting a job where they are a seniority number and fly their trips and bid their schedules. There is no shame in that. Some people would rather have more control over their own destiny. Along with the good comes the bad. I have flown for 2 Fortune 500 flight departments and have always been treated like gold. Are there bad jobs out there? I'm sure there are, but the good ones (like mine) nobody talks about. Why??? Personally I don't like the competition.

Anyone can do the kind of flying that I do. Not everyone is cut out to be a corporate pilot. For that matter, I am probably not cut out to be an airline pilot.

Good luck to all job seekers out there. My posts are designed to inform and hopefully provide you some strategy, not discourage you from trying. Stranger things have happened, but you should know what kind of prejudices you are dealing with.

BigPappa says over on another forum to one of his regional airline brothers who left for a corporate job...

<<IMACDOG, You moved on to be a slave to the RICH so that you can make a little bit more money. How does it feel to be the Biatch to the rich? Now go back to flying your slowtation.>>>

I see it all clearly now Big Pappa. It's called "class envy." It was probably instilled in you by your union, which takes a cut of your crappy ASA paycheck and sends it to the DNC every month. You probably have the Obama 08 sticker on your pubs bag that ALPA sent you....don't you??

Go back to flying your RJ Alex, and relax a little. I know that your union is telling you that private aircraft are taking all the first class customers from the airlines, and causing them financial distress. But why are you getting your panties all twisted; you don't have any first class seats?

I am making the claim that YOU have NEVER flown for a 91 corporate flight department in your life. Sorry but Fracs don't count (that is charter on crack). Please prove me wrong or go back to the commuter airline boards and dish your class envy there.

Radio silence ensues........................................... Thats what I thought!

Last edited:
lmao!! This thread is done! Industry is bad enough, then have to hear this $hit too! EVERY JOB IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!! PERIOD! Move on!

I have met precious few airline pilots who were not absolutely obsessed with experiencing the real estate between a flight attendant's legs.

You got something against gettin' laid on a layover? ;) TC

No... But my wife is definitely against it.:pimp:

BTW Sierra Nevada is the best beer in the world.

NOW you're REALLY going to start a food fight! :D TC

P.S.--I do know some of those "obsessed" types.

FYI for anyone with an open mind on what corp flying is really like; some corporate gig's are with companies that use the airplane only for company business. I happen to work for one of those, and the people we fly are worker bee's up to CEO/board members. All treat us like co-workers, as it should be. And yes, we're home most nights and weekends because there are no personal trips in the plane.

You can make close to or more than a 100K with some seniority at a reputable Regional. My experience is that most pt 91 operator know that they can pay you less because there is no Union, and there are usually 20 pilots waiting to take the job from you (usually they'll wait until you go on vacation).

Most fortune 500 company flight departments start much higher than a reputable regional and with some seniority pay way more than any regional and they do it without a Union...hmmmm how did that happen?

You can make close to or more than a 100K with some seniority at a reputable Regional. My experience is that most pt 91 operator know that they can pay you less because there is no Union, and there are usually 20 pilots waiting to take the job from you (usually they'll wait until you go on vacation).

That is assuming you can survive the first 5 years of wages that the awesome union got you that also qualify you for food Stamps.

Latest resources

Back