• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking CJC news...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how soon before those guys can vote again to get a union?

About another 10 months until a union can file with the NMB for another election. That means probably start a card drive in another 4-5 months.

Hello,
I've only met the guy once, and at the time I really had no idea who he was. PCL/CJC managment reps. including Casey were doing some kind of roadshow to brief the mechanics on status and future of the company. A couple of pilots just happened to be in the vicinity and he was going around introducing himself. Part of his talk was on how much money the company was going to make (specifically with the "Q") and the rapid growth of the fleet (50 SAAB 340s and 70 Q-400s). I asked him about the whole P.T. stock option sale deal and he justified it in the same way someone earlier mentioned. He is one of the most underpaid CEOs in the airline business and deserved a return on his investment. I also asked him where he thought he was going to get all the pilots to fly all these future airplanes, and without looking me in the eye and laughing to himself, "We won't have a problem finding plenty of pilots".
This man struck me in the same way a 19th century carpetbagger selling snake oil to a group of naive frontiersman would. First impressions are often lasting and accurate, and I for one didn't get a very favorable impression of this man.
It seems that quite a few CJC pilots are taking a wait and see attitude about how managment is going to respond to the union vote. To some extent, I think we are already seeing the indications that alot of backroom deals are going on at this airline between certain corporate officers and subordinates. How it is all going to play out will be anyone's guess. I think that there is alot of potential for this airline, but hopefully it will not become lost in the quest to satisfy the egos and wallets of the few.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

This man struck me in the same way a 19th century carpetbagger selling snake oil to a group of naive frontiersman would. First impressions are often lasting and accurate, and I for one didn't get a very favorable impression of this man.
It seems that quite a few CJC pilots are taking a wait and see attitude about how managment is going to respond to the union vote. To some extent, I think we are already seeing the indications that alot of backroom deals are going on at this airline between certain corporate officers and subordinates. How it is all going to play out will be anyone's guess. I think that there is alot of potential for this airline, but hopefully it will not become lost in the quest to satisfy the egos and wallets of the few.

We have had this same conversation in our crewrooms for years. Pinnacle has soooooo much potential to be a really great place to work but the guys in the suits simply refuse to treat us like humans.

Egos and wallets are what this is all about for these slime balls and neither of these companies are ever going to reach their potential.

Casey is of the old school. He thinks pilots are a dime a dozen; six for a nickel. I guess if you're willing to lower the hiring minimums to 200 hours and a pulse, then everything will work out. Having had personal dealings with this guy, all I can say is, "Watch your back." This guy wants to make his bonuses and it doesn't matter who he squashes or what lives are wrecked on the way to the paycheck. Totally amoral.

I guess if you're willing to lower the hiring minimums to 200 hours and a pulse, then everything will work out.

Even that supply is limited. Just to get those two hundred hours and IR Commercial Multi costs $20,000 to $50,000 these days. And for what? A sub $20K/year kick you in the rear job?

In the case of PCL, those low timers are then asked to spend another $20ishK at JetU, just to get an unnecessary extra dose of PFT CRJ time.

Maybe they're going to start sending the 200 hr guys who can't or won't afford JetU straight into the Colgan interview stack.

XJ is exactly right. As the cost of learn to fly continues to skyrocket, the Regional CEO's are still wanting to only pay 20 dollars an hour to start. At some point in becomes unbearable. It leaves the pilot in the middle of two corporate raiders....

The CEO of the quicky flight school, and the CEO of the regional.

Eventually it will NOT workout.

I remember when I upgraded at PNCL Buddy Casey told the class he admired Frank Lorenzo. Sadly half the class had not even heard of Frank Lorenzo.

Latest resources

Back