kingairyahoo

my old job...
Total Time
41yrs

c9skytrain

Total Time
some
Dylin:
Just a guess, but no company will offer Boeing or Airbus pay rates for flying this.

DYLIN

Total Time
A few
Well tough ********************.

Let's not fly them until they do.

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Exactly!

erj-145mech

Total Time
If you don't get a scope clause in your contract, they can hire whom ever they wish to fly them.

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
New Airplane? I am all for it. I will always be in favor of innovation. Embraer will not get into this new market unless it is bringing something new to the table in terms of technology or efficiency. The 170/190 product is an amazing improvement over the 145 family of jets, and I have no doubt that Embraer could produce a very tolerable mainline-quality aircraft with this new aircraft. It is not really a new market that Embraer is going for, just a neglected one. With the termination of the 717 product, and no massive fleet of 318's in this country, there has been no replacement for the short 737's or the mid-size DC-9's. Those frames are out the door here soon, and if Embraer can slap some new engines on that size aircraft, and add in the automation that creates further efficiencies, then I think they will have a winner. Bombardier is taking a risk with the Geared Turbofan engine, though it may pay off huge. If Embraer puts out a more conventional engine as competition for the C-series, I think Embraer will get a majority of the business.

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
Well tough ********************.

Let's not fly them until they do.
That's laughable. There will be thousands of wannabes lined up to get a chance to fly the mainline RJ. Embraer would be wise to call the new jet the MRJ, for Mainline Regional Jet. That way the airlines can know that it is a mainline capable jet but one that can be flown at current RJ pay rates.

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
That's laughable. There will be thousands of wannabes lined up to get a chance to fly the mainline RJ. Embraer would be wise to call the new jet the MRJ, for Mainline Regional Jet. That way the airlines can know that it is a mainline capable jet but one that can be flown at current RJ pay rates.
MRJ is/will already being used for the Jap Mitsubishi RJ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Regional_Jet

and btw Boeing has a large hand in the Commi RJ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Superjet_100

which (keeping with the way russians copy, i mean design stuff) looks alot like the defunct 728jet that never was:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Dornier_728_family

what a tangled web they weave......

Last edited:

zman

Total Time
blowme
They dont have to even call it a regional jet. If you offer 50 grand to fly those things you would have pilots jumping there like skybus!