• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazilian airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't do it as a career. But for someone that is young (no family) and needs to build time to get a better job in the US (when hiring starts again), it's not a bad deal. Especially living in Brazil as a pilot in your 20s/30s. Pilots apparently are put on a pedestal over there.

Pilots are "put on a pedestal" everywhere in the developing world... that might get you some a$$, its not going to get you a job with Delta, Continental or American.

A friend of mine flew for LAB and went on to fly for United. He said he didn't have any problems getting hired at a US major. I guess it all depends on the timing.

A friend of mine flew for LAB and went on to fly for United. He said he didn't have any problems getting hired at a US major. I guess it all depends on the timing.

I still want to fly for TAM!

:}

Airlines:
You have to be a Citizen.
Citizenship might take up to 2 years.
Lot of Brazilian pilots going to India, China and Middle-East.
FO pay is very low.

Corporate/Private sector:
All of the above
Plus the fact that you will be working where the gap between rich and poor is much bigger.
You will be treated like a dog. If you don’t like there is a big line behind you with pilots willing to take your position.

Do you know how a rich farmer calls his dog?
Answer: Piloto

I still want to fly for TAM!

:}

Go ahead, knock yourself out and have a good time.

I have a job, but if I didn't, I'd probably pass....now if I could get on with LAN, well that's a different story. I'd go to LAN in a second.

Go ahead, knock yourself out and have a good time.

I have a job, but if I didn't, I'd probably pass....now if I could get on with LAN, well that's a different story. I'd go to LAN in a second.

Lan?

They offerd me a 767 Captain job that paid $3500 a month.

I'd rather go back to smuggling out of Bolivia..boy that was a good time!

I guess everybody is different...LAN also involves living in Santiago Chile, a clean, safe and beautifull city....

how much do you think TAM is going to pay you??? I doubt they can afford to pay you 3500 a month.

Well if one it comes to that, I'll take a job with LAN, you go to TAM and everybody is happy

I guess everybody is different...LAN also involves living in Santiago Chile, a clean, safe and beautifull city....

how much do you think TAM is going to pay you??? I doubt they can afford to pay you 3500 a month.

Well if one it comes to that, I'll take a job with LAN, you go to TAM and everybody is happy

kkkkkkkk....

Have you EVER worked for a South American Carrier?

My remark about TAM was said as a joke to my TAM pals...in reference to the TAM F/A's and women of Brazil.

Are you a Hawker Driver? Where do you work now?

I fly for Netjets.......few years back I flew for an Asian carrier, there were lots of South Americans there, mainly Brazilians, Venezuelans, a few Colombians, and a couple from Mexico and Central America. I worked with guys from Viasa, Varig, TAM, Aires de Colombia, etc.........one guy from LAN, he said it was a first class airline, but pay was not good..............but no I've never worked for a South American carrier, going on info I heard from those guys...................what about you, who do you work for??? Did you really turn LAN down??

I fly for Netjets.......few years back I flew for an Asian carrier, there were lots of South Americans there, mainly Brazilians, Venezuelans, a few Colombians, and a couple from Mexico and Central America. I worked with guys from Viasa, Varig, TAM, Aires de Colombia, etc.........one guy from LAN, he said it was a first class airline, but pay was not good..............but no I've never worked for a South American carrier, going on info I heard from those guys...................what about you, who do you work for??? Did you really turn LAN down??

I work for United.

Yes...Lan, thanks but no thanks!

Latest resources

Back