• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil Mid-Air Survivor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can we all agree that the investigation has just begun and speculation will get us know where. As for saying "I know this pilot and he is a great guy and good pilot" means nothing. Don't all of us on this site think we are a great guy and even better pilot? Just reflect back to your last 10 flights and tell us all how perfect you were during the flight. Anyone can unintentionally f#ckup, we're only human, remember. God Speed to the Families of GOL and the safe return of the Legacy pilots.

Last edited:
Because of this attitude of "I am american and I am above anything" I am perfect my country is the best and all this bla bla bla that people outside hate us.
What is it was the opposite like a Brasilian who made a mistake here you guys would say what to investigate and let him go? the 9/11 guy who was not even on the airplane just because was form the network the maximum penalty so don't come with stories.
The pilots screwd up and gotta pay.

Ok, cancel the motrin........I need some Percocet. This is far too painful to read.

Maybe Miss Kitty Kat could interpret for us... :eek: TC

Bombinha works for Kalitta.....nuff said.

Fn, How about cultural society? Do you like those words better? This guy has a problem with the American system of rules and laws and I was just trying to point that out. If you move to a place be it another city, state, country and you do not like the rules and laws of that place be it that they are unfair in your opinion then you have choices: Go back, try to adapt or try to change those rules and laws but don't come here and in the middle of a discussion about such a tragedy start B$$ching about it. UBA757

thread drift alert...

The only way to deal with morons like this bombinha guy is to put them on your ignore list and send a note to the moderator asking them to remove this guy's obnoxious posts. That's what I did, there's no point in getting into an argument with the guy.
Remember, every post has a little red/white triangle in the bottom left hand corner that you can click on to report a post that is rude/fighting etc...

Now back to the discussion (and sorry for the thread drift).

Hopefully the Legacy crew will be able to get their passports back and come home when the CVR and ATC tapes show they were doing their best to fly their flight plan. I have flown to Sao Paulo in a 767 and know what it feels like to be flying over Brazil with marginal communications. Following lost com procedures there would be difficult since few of us has ever done it. Changing altitude without a verbal clearance would be a once in a lifetime event. How many of us would know exactly the legal way to do it in their cituation say they lost com? I know they didn't do anything illegal intentionally. ATC should have realized there was a lost com, if that is what it was, and had the aircraft they had contact with change altitude to prevent a conflict.

Crash-Proof I feel sorry for you I am 1/2 american /Brasilian myself live since born yeah I never had a green card or had to marry a american woman to get green card.
I am an american citizen by born and I've been living here for about 6 years now and Brasil it's better than US in several aspects as is US better in several others and ther's no perfect place honestly if I had no kids I would rather be living there is better for a singles too. Here is a family thing and no fun just work and all about money. There is no interest free friendship here and always someone trying to scam you.
UBA 757
What about the rape rate in US?
and crime rate in louisiana do you live there?
Rape in Brasil if the guy goes to jail will be dead not even the thieves like rapers but they love to do it here.
Yeah violence in rio and sao paulo is not bigger than new york or chicago. Wanna compare compare it right cannot compare your little town with sao paulo 21 million people and growing or rio 17 million. Does US has any city that big?

OK....

So when your mom dropped you on your head when you were little did you hit your head on the American side or the Brazillian side to cause all that damage? HHHHHMMMMM..............

I think we all need to just chill out and pray that our brothers make it home to their families. How would you like it if you were sitting down there in that ********************hole for no reason, and we were alll sitting around talking about how you screwed up. Lets assume innocence until proven otherwise.

Just remember it was american pilots that died pioneering these routes in South America so that GOL and everyone one else could come along later on and prosper.

Latest resources

Back