• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil Mid-Air Survivor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems odd that a new A/C still at the factory when this AD came out would not have the MOD done before delivery.

It seems odd that a new A/C still at the factory when this AD came out would not have the MOD done before delivery.

The AD was entered into the Federal Register on September 12, 2006 with a compliance date of October 17, 2006, the accident happened on September 29 (?).

The airplane was already built and unless the new owner was aware that there was an AD prior to the delivery of the aircraft, why should the manufacture spend the money to comply with AD? To do so, would cut into the profits.

The AD was entered into the Federal Register on September 12, 2006 with a compliance date of October 17, 2006, the accident happened on September 29 (?).

The airplane was already built and unless the new owner was aware that there was an AD prior to the delivery of the aircraft, why should the manufacture spend the money to comply with AD? To do so, would cut into the profits.

Exactly, and maybe a motivator on how this case is being handled down there.

How many quotes from the manufacturer have been published since the incident vs. the government of Brasil?

AD aside, which one of the 2 airplanes was at the wrong flight level?

we don't know! All we know is that the legacy was supposed to be at FL360 and the 737 at FL 370. Noone on this board knows for a fact which one was not where it should have been.

UBA 757 Are u drunk?
what freedom u jhave in US?
u just don't know what freedom is.
Just to name a few can u have sex with your wife or fiance anywhere u want?
Can u drink alchool outside of course on the own bottle not covered with any bag or on plastic cup?
Can you send your underage duagther to buy couple of six packs at the convinience store 1 block away while you watch the superball with your friends on sunday afternoon?
And what about vote can you vote for president or you have to vote on a electoral colege made of rich and wealthy people that has no clue about what is to be a labor at this country?
So my friend u have drinking the cool aid that they say only USA is free.
Even in Any country in europe you have much I said much more freedom than US but no jobs to all. So the only reason immigrants come to US is jobs and not because our way of life. open your eyes.

And yes we all know what a clearance is and the legacy copy the clearance to go down in Brasilia to FL 360 also in Brasil there is no phone to file a flight plan that means all flight plans are to be file personaly and there is a guy to check if it was file correctly also need to be signed and a flight plan is considered an official document and on the written flight plan they state the change to FL360 over BSB what was not complied and we all know the procedure for inflight lost of com if it happened (which is impossible over the Capital of Brasil) and the lost of com procedure here in US in Brasil or even in China is to follow what was in your flight plan and mantain strictely attached to it till you recover your com and/or land at the destination airport. They had no com problems as they call for mayday as soon as they were hit.
Negligence is a mistake the jeopardize or cause damage so even the Gulfstream yesterday at LAX could face charges for negligence despite the accident didn't happened they could be prosecuted for threaten someones lifes. And honestly I don't fell safe flying around with some people that don't follow the rules I am glad they are grounded at least till they learn something.
So independent of the TCAS/transponder being on or off they screwed up and that's it now just a matter to see how much or why.
I even believe the company push them to make a direct flight (and not pay extra landing fees) what is a 5 hours leg and almost all the fuel of the Legacy and with some head winds and flying over the amazon they kind of cheat to not go down and burn more gas. That would put the company also more responsible in this matter but stop people to think we are perfect and the best because we are americans that's not true any longer would be in the past after the WW2 but not today even china economy is better and having been growing 10% a year for the last almost 15 years we never had this grow after the 80's. So think about it. Embraer is the third largest aircraft manufacturer and is Brasilian. Brasil is the largest beef and chiken meet producer in the world as is cofee and orange. Also has the second largest fleet of the world just losing to USA and that includes airliners and private owned aircraft. But is one of the most safe airspaces level with Canada. It is also bigger than continental US. So don't do that ugly atitude like the AA captain that gave the finger to the feds there just because they started to ask for his documents. Laws are to be respected and complied so if u don't like the lwas on that place you always can leave and go somewhere else or ask the embraer pilots to deliver the plane if you don't like or don't know how to do it.

Tarp I have no words for you as I don't wanna flame.
But man you should rethink your life as a human been because you didn't write like one.

Look they said about the maneuvers because the legacy just after pass the point the should be going down to FL360 they lost the mode C or alt whatever u wanna call and the radar in Brasil are superior than the 70's style we have in US so they are color computer screens with keyboard and not rounded amber or green scopes. So they still had the primary target and were able by trigonometry to do an estimate of the legacy alt what was reading back as beteween 35800 and 36500 they called legacy a total of 5 times prior to the impact with no answer to ask for them to recycle their transponder the legacy has 2 and both were off. That is not a speculation is already official by Brasilian Cenipa the NTSB like there and NTSB is there since the third day of investigation as is FAA people so don't try to defend who screwed up just because they are americans before that they are humans and subjected to egos vanity pride and other stuff. They in screwed up in 1 word yes. How much? that is what the nvestigation gonna bring but right now don't look preety. Did the company push them to do so? Nobody knows but being American I belive so because the company is paying a former secretary of defense to be their legal lawyer so just by this move I could say the company was faulty of pushing them. They had to do it? No but they could face losing their jobs if they make a extra landing and pay extra fees as anyone who flew corporate here knows.
So tarp stop acting like a jerk because I honestly believe u are not.

Latest resources

Back