Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
First of all my hat is off to all the helo drivers out there (Marine, Army, Guard, Navy, Air Force, Police, Fire, etc. etc. etc.) for plucking people out of Harm's Way (or perhaps Harm's *WAKE*) in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. But this is a special thank you to all you Coast Guardsmen who do this sort of thing EVERY SINGLE DAY without the credit or recognition you deserve.

People forget this branch of the military because they're DOT in peace time and DOD in war time. Seeing you guys dangling beneath a helo to pull someone to safety is enough to make a grown man cry.

I am using your bravery and compassion as an example for my kids and I am proud to do it. Keep up the good work and thank you for what you do EVERY DAY without recognition or fanfare.

Semper Paratus.

Last edited:
Minor correction to your post - they're now DHS in peacetime.

You're Welcome

sardaddy said:

I think the paucity of responses indicates many things to many people.

You're right, the CG goes the motions of saving lives every single day yet
get little or no press until a case goes sour. Which, for the most part,
holds true for all the uniformed services in their varied missions.

Last edited:
XShipRider said:
Minor correction to your post - they're now DHS in peacetime.

I stand corrected. Either way, the point stands...everyone forgets the Coast Guard and what they do every single day. I do not and will insure that my kids remember...

Nice 10 cent word xshipdriver. Paucity. I had to look it up to make sure it meant what I thought it meant.

I do have to give you a minor correction on the "you're welcome" you passed.

I wasn't saying thank you to you. I'm not even sure what you thought I was thanking you for.

I was saying it to legacy driver for the kind words. I appreciated the comments. Especially since I had just come back from a flight over New Orleans when I read it.

So again, thank you for your kind words...Legacydriver

By the way, we are still DHS in wartime too.

Last edited:
sardaddy said:
Nice 10 cent word xshipdriver. Paucity. I had to look it up to make sure it meant what I thought it meant.

I do have to give you a minor correction on the "you're welcome" you passed.

I wasn't saying thank you to you. I'm not even sure what you thought I was thanking you for.

I was saying it to legacy driver for the kind words. I appreciated the comments. Especially since I had just come back from a flight over New Orleans when I read it.

So again, thank you for your kind words...Legacydriver

By the way, we are still DHS in wartime too.

Oops... misread the thread. You're not going to turn this into a black shoe
vs. brown shoe thing are you?

All God's children have a place in the choir. Some sing low, some sing high, some sing out now from the telephone wire, and some just clap their hands, their paws, or anything they've got.

Kidding aside, I'm grateful to all our uniformed service people. The last ten years have been really tough on them, and they've made us all very proud.

Tonight the President said words to the effect that the U.S. military is the part of the government that can really be counted on in a crisis. He's right about that.

"You're not going to turn this into a black shoe
vs. brown shoe thing are you?"

No way. I would never do that. I really did like the word and I realize that reading comprehension is not a normal blackshoe trait (just kidding)so why would I try to turn it into something it is not.

Have a great day.

Latest resources

Back