• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brasilia type or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airlines don't care how many type ratings you have. The only thing the type would allow you to do is do some contract work with a 135 E120 operation. Not much chance you will have enough legal time to do that. Save your money. One turboprop type is as good as any other. Let the company pay for it when the time comes.

I have to agree with the other posters here. Of my 3 type ratings, the EMB120 was by far the toughest. And I had almost 2000 hours in the right seat of the airplane when I got it. Trying to get typed in it with zero time in the airplane is a big undertaking. Unless you think you'll be doing contract work in a 120 somewhere, save the $ and put it towards a 737 type after you get the PIC in the B1900

Airlines don't care how many type ratings you have. .... One turboprop type is as good as any other. Let the company pay for it when the time comes.

I have to agree with this. When it comes to smaller turboprops, one turboprop type is as good as three or four. As far as the majors are concerned, a BE1900 = EM120 = J41 = Dash-8. They are all the same. Once again, don't waste your money and start a bad precedent for everyone who follows you.

I am betting you fly for Lakes. My advice as a former Laker is NOT pay for the type. You will have to take the same check ride again when you transition from the Beech to the E120. Don't be in such a hurry to get the type. Before you know it, the company will be paying for it. If you have a $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, invest it.

Latest resources

Back