Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Branson saying 1 or more Legacy will fail...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was there last week and was told that that pod will be mostly all Delta soon. Its one of the only locations i know of where the Delta ops is going to be moving to the NWA side. fwiw

Now i'm even more confused. Delta will be in the B gates now?

I'm talking about B1, 2,3...Continental 73's parked in the United gates.

Is Delta taking over all the F gates you mean?

W

Now i'm even more confused. Delta will be in the B gates now?

I'm talking about B1, 2,3...Continental 73's parked in the United gates.

Is Delta taking over all the F gates you mean?

W

DAL is taking over CAL's old gates (joining the NWA gates). hence why CAL may be over at UAL gates.

Is Virgin America a Legacy Carrier?

Trojan

seen their payscales? nope.

Last I heard those guys in black weren't doing so well. Bet it's kinda hot in those when it's sunny out.

Sounds like Delta's move is part of the consolidation of airport operations, and should a large carrier in Chicago fail, it will put them in a position to pick up some of the pieces.

Branson's speculation is shared with alot of analysts and representatives of some of the surviving large investment houses. If fuel continues to go up, interest rates rise, and inflation increases, it might not take 18 months.

Branson reporting somebody in the US is toast.....

Branson: Unlikely all big U.S. airlines will survive

Tue Jun 2, 2009 7:33am EDT

TOKYO (Reuters) - British entrepreneur Richard Branson, founder and president of Virgin Atlantic Airways VA.UL, said on Tuesday he believes it is unlikely that all big U.S. airlines will survive the next 12 to 18 months.
"I don't think that the American government will yet again put more billions into the airline industry. They've learned their lessons from the car industry," Branson told Reuters in an interview in Tokyo.
"I just happen to believe it is unlikely that all the big American carriers will survive the next 12 to 18 months," he said, adding that at least two airline companies are vulnerable.
Branson did not specify which airlines he was referring to.
Virgin Atlantic said on May 26 that its yearly profits nearly doubled, but warned that the weak economic environment would make it "almost impossible" for airlines to make a profit in the current year.
Meanwhile, Branson also said Virgin Atlantic is interested in launching flights between Australia and Tokyo's Haneda Airport, which is currently undergoing a major expansion, in the next 12 to 18 months.
(Reporting by Mariko Katsumura)

Trojan
I didn't know VA was a legacy, wow. And since I'm hungover (I was implying Vamerican would fail) this is to help out the recent surge of people with no common sense

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back