• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Branson offers Sully a Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you bought off if you take a job for a new company for more money? Some people call that career progression. Not that I would expect airline pilots to understand that. For union employees, career progression is going up a number when somebody quits or dies.

It is not that. Good for him. I just do not like to see people used like that. It would only be a PR stunt for Sir Richard.
I would not want to be used that way. It is just me.

I am sure this would go over great with the crews at Virgin. Some new hire making more than the #1 guy. He should be pretty popular over there.

He's 58 yrs old with kids and the opportunity to make twice what a British 747 captain makes. I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a smack what other people think about him.

On that note, does anyone have a Virgin Atlantic (not Virgin American) payscale..

Now if he offered double what he would have made before all of these wage concessions, that is something else to think about.
It has a lot of hidden meaning behind it.

Now if he offered double what he would have made before all of these wage concessions, that is something else to think about.
It has a lot of hidden meaning behind it.

What happened to your not being bought off stance? It only lasted about three minutes as the money increased. I quess you can be bought off. Funny how powerful the mighty dollar is.:blush:

No commute from the bay area to CLT and getting outta airways would be enough for any sane human being to look at

His retirement is probably pretty secure, even if he elects to never fly again for airways or the virgin.

Typical billionaire, thinks he can just throw a bunch of money at someone and have his way with them.

They're all alike, all 500 of 'em.

Latest resources

Back