Branson offers Sully a Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twotter Driver

Virgin Air's Richard Branson to Chesley Sullenberger: Come fly for me!

U.S. Airways better keep a close eye on their heroic pilot, Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger. In fact, a bonus may be in order.
Virgin Air kabillionaire Richard Branson wants to steal Sully and is willing to make him an offer the talented pilot can't refuse.
“I’d like him to come fly for us,” Branson told the N.Y. Daily News LA-based reporter Leah Sydney. “We’ll make him the best-paid pilot at Virgin — we’ll give him double [the salary of] anybody else. He also can become one of the astronauts in my intergalactic spaceship company. The man can write his own ticket with me.”
Told of the offer, Sullenberger sounded interested.
“That’s amazing,” said the “Miracle on the Hudson” pilot who saved the lives of 155 people when he landed a jetliner in the icy Hudson River on Jan. 15. “I hadn’t heard that. I will be happy to entertain all the things that are coming my way.”
Sullenberger will no doubt get a heroes standing ovation with his Flight 1549 crew at today’s Super Bowl.
Branson says that Sully’s cool actions were breathtaking. "Every single thing he could have done right, he did right — from the second he made that decision not to go to that local airport, to put the plane down in the water, to the way he looked after everybody.”
Branson knows from near-death flight experiences.
“Pulling the wrong rip cord on a sky dive," he told Sydney. "Crashing into the sea five times. Landing in the Arctic in a balloon when I was meant to land in Los Angeles. I’ve been rescued numerous times by helicopters.”
Branson definitely needs Sully on his team.

Spencer Weiner / Los Angeles Times

Good for him, but I hope Branson offers the FO something as well.

Either way, I hope he takes it. To have the opportunity to leave a disgraceful payscale under a d**chebag CEO to make a bunch of money working for Branson.

That's an easy one.

Good for him, but I hope Branson offers the FO something as well.

Either way, I hope he takes it. To have the opportunity to leave a disgraceful payscale under a d**chebag CEO to make a bunch of money working for Branson.

That's an easy one.
Actually, he'd be leaving one ****************************** bag to go to work for another ****************************** bag.

#1 Seniority and Double the Pay of the (now)#2 guy that's been there for years?

Pretty big FU to the people that have been keeping his planes out of the water all of these years.

Last edited:
For the love of god...who the hell woudl have landed that airplane on 54th Street that day? Please tell me.... Sully is a great pilot and an example to us all...but what options did the poor guy have when he lost his engine at 5000 feet AGL?

Burn or freeze to death?

The good Lord was looking over him and his crew when the incident occured. Thank God he chose to freeze to death in the Hudson. Would anyone have chosen differently?

I am not sure I would leave for Virgin America but I would definitely want to be a part of the Virgin Intergalactic Spaceship Company once that is fully tested and comes to fruition (probably delayed a few years due to the economy).

Sign me up for that!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back