• Start date
  • Watchers 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The original post is an all time low. It is classless and probably borders libel! It would probably be prudent to remove the post and close this thread immediately. Just for the record, your privacy is not protected in this matter--you stepped over the line and certainly violated Corporate policy. Poster Beware!

When I imagine your avatar saying that, it REALLY seems scary!

The original post is an all time low. It is classless and probably borders libel! It would probably be prudent to remove the post and close this thread immediately. Just for the record, your privacy is not protected in this matter--you stepped over the line and certainly violated Corporate policy. Poster Beware!

Sounds like the post hit a little close to home for ole' speedtape!! :laugh:

Box

Speedtape=Management or Senior elitist

First of all, to clear things up I'm posting under my father's account so don't piss and moan about all these ratings. I applied and payed for my own account, the money got deducted but I never got my password and never bothered to pursue it. I happen to be a reserve ASA captain who absolutely will hold BH, CT, and SH personally accountable should metal get bent because of their staffing policies. RIF's have been submitted to document the abuse reserves have endured. CT doesn't like to "pay too much overblock if I'm paying any underblock." Fine. If you want to play Russian Roullete with people's lives than proceed. Speedtape you are a moron who would piss his pants if he ever had to fly a real reserve schedule.

The airline and its reserves are being run on the ragged edge. The weather has been beautiful for the last month and how many reserves do you think have been sitting around every day? A great big fat ZERO. How many lineholders have been extended on these beautiful sunny days? Plenty.

There is going to be a ****storm the first bit of bad weather that rolls in, and I'll be expecting another "apology" letter from Tutt shortly there after. Meltdown time is on the way, as people are only prepared to put up with so much. In the meantime, it's the contract and FOM to the letter.

The airline and its reserves are being run on the ragged edge. The weather has been beautiful for the last month and how many reserves do you think have been sitting around every day? A great big fat ZERO. How many lineholders have been extended on these beautiful sunny days? Plenty.

There is going to be a ****storm the first bit of bad weather that rolls in, and I'll be expecting another "apology" letter from Tutt shortly there after. Meltdown time is on the way, as people are only prepared to put up with so much. In the meantime, it's the contract and FOM to the letter.

noooooo, it's gonna be ok!!! We hired 24 XJT furloughes! They'll all sit permanent ready reserve and we'll all go back to 3 on/4 off. I'll actually not have to worry about getting extended EVERY time I have a trip that ends before noon!
^^^^^
*SARCASM*(just to be PERECTLY clear since this is FI)

anyway, we have more than enough pilots now... *whew* ... oh wait "December block hours will meet or exceed July's block hours" (CT) now I don't want to freak anyone out... but we MIGHT not be staffed properly.

Last edited:
I wonder how they came up with 24. It's kind of a specific numbers. Couldn't pull off 50?

Thanks for getting rid of your avatar... Every time I saw that, I almost lost my biscuits!

I'll be looking for that "sorry we got caught behind the hiring curve" email soon. I keep being told "help is on the way" but all we seem to do is recall FO's. Then wave goodbye to Vietnam and Delta bound pilots while we upgrade 10?

Idiots!!

In the past, I would have held out hope that there would have been enough sense to upgrade more than the 10 specified. In previous awards, they've advertised a given number and then nearly doubled the projected number of upgrades. However, the "purse strings" seem to be unusually tight, and I don't forsee that happening again. It's going to be the minimal amount of upgrades needed.

Personally, I think they should upgrade an abundance of pilots, and let them bleed down to an acceptable level once PBS kicks in. We're finally starting to see some attrition again, and it's not just to Delta.

The Vietnam pilots+ Delta pool+ 10%= the appropriate number to upgrade, in my book. Give our pilot group a respite. How long are we to keep up the fevered pace? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be busy and making money than not, but there has to be a balance also......................

Beware of what? You, in your Spider Man costume holding a plastic light sabre. Go put on your Batman underwear and get in the bed. Your loud keyboard typing is keeping your parents awake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back