• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boyd's take on the F9/WN/UA showdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see what you mean. I was thinking UAL's international ops would help subsidize domestic, but that isn't going to make up for much if oil stays high.

Boyd isn't always correct, but he does seem to see trends a few steps ahead of the typical "expert" on Wall St.

I recall everyone thinking US Air was history when SWA started in PHL. Now, looking back, it seems like a non-event.

BeCareful! said:
Boyd isn't always correct, but he does seem to see trends a few steps ahead of the typical "expert" on Wall St.

I recall everyone thinking US Air was history when SWA started in PHL. Now, looking back, it seems like a non-event.

USAir is history, they were purchased by AWA and will be run by Dave Parker. All that will remain in a few years is the paint job.

mamba20 said:
I just think its sad that SWA is going to be tainting a beautiful city. GO AWAY!!!

You sound like some old dude with a long beard on the porch of a shotgun shack yelling at passersby. The straight jacket is on its way.

This is the Boyd Group bios right from their website. This says a lot about their intentions. Who is paying for their EXXXXXPERRRRRRTTT analysis?

Mike Boyd - Mike started his career with American Airlines in 1971. He joined Braniff International in 1977, attaining the position of Regional Director, and was responsible for opening the carrier's Far Eastern operations. In 1982 he moved to Bar Harbor Airlines as Vice President of Marketing and Planning.

William Oliver - [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida]Subsequent to service in the Marine Corps., Mr. Oliver had a distinguished career with Braniff International Airways, attaining positions as Director - System Operations, Director - Customer Service Administration, and Vice President - Personnel & Labor Relations. Following his career at Braniff, Bill was Executive Vice President of a low-fare jet airline, and was responsible for the carrier's route planning, marketing, and daily operations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida]Brian Streeval - is Director - Project Analysis, and works with client airports around the nation in developing new approaches to air service development and airline recruiting. Mr. Streeval joined The Boyd Group from the planning department of US Airways.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida]Capt Mike Baiada - A 777 captain at a major US airline, Mike has been a leader in projects to improve the nation's air traffic control system, and in 1994 co-authored the first study that brought Free Flight to the attention of aviation.
[/FONT]

I think I'll start an aviation consulting group. I'll call it The Goggles Group. I can publish sarcastic editorials by pulling un-informed conjecture and opinions out of my arse once a week. Who's with me?

I think I'll start a group too

It'll be called the, 'I'm a really smart pilot who really can't stand to hear anything even remotely negative about any company I may work or wish to work for, so I will dig feverishly to find any amount of information to discredit said opinion(s) or simply ignore them-unless they agree with me, than never mind it's obviously true everyone can see it' Group. I think that may not all fit on the groups charter message, and could possibly be a run-on sentence, I'll run it by a publisher whose work I like to be sure though.

Latest resources

Back