Boyd says LCC's have their problems approaching

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
I often agree with your posts, but this one just demonstartes that you haven't flown on many LCC flights, or sat in the back of your own flights and actually talked to the people who are buying the tickets.

Every airline out there has a core of very pissed-off passengers. Whether their beef is really justified or not, who knows, but every time I commute, I have people tell me "I hate flying on ___(legacy)____airline. I NEVER fly on them if I have a choice because they (screwed me over, lost my bags, called my fat wife "fat", etc)". Almost every flight I commute on yields a passenger who just "has to tell" that he/she loves AirTran and will fly on us every opportunity they get because we (treat them well, have the best fares, never lost their bag, can cure cancer, etc) so don't count on passengers choosing Legacies over LCC's . . . . . . y'all just aren't that great.

Often, LCC's have service equal to or better than some Legacy airlines. If you go from ATL on Delta to a nearby city, such as Pensacola, Gulfport, Savannah, New Orleans, etc., you will likely be on an RJ, and even if you aren't, you probably won't even get a real beverage service, but on AirTran, you'll be in newer, possibly larger, aircraft, and will have full beverage service and XM Satellite radio, too.

All subsidised by the guys and gals flying 717's for RJ wages.....

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:

Well, if you work for LCC, then you are flying 767s for RJ wages!

800Dog said:
Not enough airframes but, nice try.

In my experience with military charters (ATA and SWA) you see ATA, World, Omni, etc. at military bases alot more often than any legacy. There will be plenty of airlift available for the DOD even with the loss of one or more legacy's. Participating in military charters is not reason enough to keep an airline in business. I recall plenty of PanAm and TWA airplanes on the ramp in the mideast for Gulf War I. I'm sure there were lots of guys who rode home from SE Asia on Braniff, PanAm, etc. Look where those carriers are now.

PHXFLYR said:

Really, do tell. . . . because last time I checked, you clowns paid less than we do for the same seat and year, regardless of the equipment. Don't bother comparing 3rd or 4th year CA pay, though, you guys haven't seen a 3rd or 4th yr CA since Carter was president.

Latest resources

Back