• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boyd on United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United does have a world-class customer service team, which is the main reason that the carrier's still in business.

WTF????????? This article is not even close.

another spot on analysis

It seems UAL/CO will be the main focus of the merger. Airline Mgt for both companies know Citigroup/JP Morgan very well, and once the exit financing people are done with UAL, they will be turned over to the arbitrage departments for the eventual merger that will put the big bucks in the pocket of these two banks.

One thing is certain, Citigroup/JP Morgan stand to make very little on the 9% lending rate for exit financing. They know as stand-alone companies these two stand very little chance of making it long term. The big bucks are in the arbitrage departments, and this was the only way UAL was ever going to get viable exit financing from these two banks. It's all about playing the game, and Mike Boyd knows from where he speaks.

;) :pimp:

Last edited:
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida]Boyd is improving with age:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida]
"Next week, when United emerges out from under the protective cloak of the judge, it's essentially an airline with no significant competitive or cost advantages over its main competitors such as American or Continental, both of which have slashed costs without entirely slashing their employees' financial jugular. ".
[/FONT]

Amen. And didn't I just say this?-

Reportedly, the airline's financial wizards - the same ones in control before the airline did a one-and-a-half gainer into bankruptcy - have based the future on $50 oil. Wonderful wishful thinking, especially when one considers that crude closed on Friday at just under $69. Give or take, that would indicate that United is coming out of "chapter" with its fuel-cost estimates already about 30% out of whack.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdan, Lucida]On the RJ front:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdan, Lucida]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdan, Lucida]. . .the agency that provided funding to a number of Bombardier customers . . . . is welcoming home 42 CRJs, the result of returns from Northwest and the shutdown of Independence Air. [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Verdan, Lucida]. . . EDC is putting on a brave face, noting that they can place these aircraft easily at other carriers, which, in this environment, is an expression of wonderful optimism, especially in light of the fact that some CRJs are, as we speak, being scrapped for parts. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

The hits just keep on coming!

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdan, Lucida]. . . . .One of the major reasons that we're seeing RJs being pulled from service is that they are increasingly non-viable in many of the mission applications that mega-carriers have put them in. Like long-haul O&D service to points in Florida. (Columbia to Tampa?) Or as fill-in frequencies in key, high-density competitive markets. ORD-ATL? Or in thin, long-haul hub spokes. (DEN-RDU?) In many (not all, but a whole lot) of these applications, the RJ is about as competitive as bringing a knife to a gunfight.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Ty you fool!

I know . . . . I wouldn't have spent the money to buy your wife dinner if I had known that I could've just taken her right to the hotel.

Last edited:
They may be planning on oil at $50 but that is not the break even oil price. The break even oil price is in the high 60's. Besides, that figure means nothing when we don't know the break even oil prices of UALs competitors. How about if they even have a plan at all. I'm talking a plan other than the "try to stick around until UAL goes out of business plan" because that one doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Ty Webb said:
I know . . . . I wouldn't have spent the money to buy your wife dinner if I had known that I could've just taken her right to the hotel.

Real classy Ty!

Mergers are coming. Hang on. Does Cal ALPA have a merger group formed yet?

Ty Webb said:

Decided to leave the pet Iguana at home tonight and give it a rest?

Latest resources

Back