Boyd: "Okay, Panic Is Now Acceptable Behavior..."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
Exactly- he's done a good job of getting his name out there, but little else.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/ourteam.htm

When the media needs a "expert update" they now call on him. Tell us Mikey, who are the next mergers? What will the industry look like in 4 years? Enough of the generalizations. Wifeypoo is the Exec VP apparently. 5 people and they all have "titles." Love it!!!! hehehehehe-it's the American way. "I own my own company. I am the CEO of Jones Amway international."

Well, you do have a point there. Can't argue with that.

It does seem that his company has quite the incestious relationship doesn't it?

I also don't see how you can make predictions in the airline biz without qualifying your statements, or explaining the impact of the variables that goes into your analysis. When the airlines release press statements talking about their business, they must include something called a "forward looking statement" if they're publiclcy traded.

I also agree that what Boyd writes is neither breaking news or earth-shattering. All of his bullet points in this article are right. I mean, come on, when you have a stream of 20 UA/UAX departures waiting for takeoff on 19R at IAD, exactly what was the hurry in getting them off of the gate on time? What was the reason they were scheduled to be off of the gate so close to one another? They can only get in the air so fast, so why waste fuel and block time on the taxi-way instead of saving both leaving the plane on the gate? I think there are savings to be made with the proper use of the hub-and-spoke model; in other words, I think using a more efficient schedule would save a lot of money.

OTOH, Boyd says the airlines can recover from $2/gal Jet A, but he seems to leave supporting details of his assumption out.

I.P. Freley said:
Yep. I had to scratch my head in bewilderment at the original comment about your post being the most retarted thing ever (or whatever it said). Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question/comment you had, and a completely over-the-top response.

Thanks. Glad I wasn't the only one scratching. Hope he really is good with money, 'cause he's sure not winning any friends with his charming personality.

Tref
P.S. Love the avatar!

Latest resources

Back