• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boyd negative on SkyBus, thinks its' dumb idea

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember People's Express and the gates in that basement of a hangar in EWR as well. I remember the crowded terminals, people on standby trying to get onboard and the pissed off Pax as well.
Still never saw any signs of Air Rage, like punching gate agents etc etc Once people got on board, they were happy.

WRONG.

This is what you will ALL be doing in 10 years...

Glad I'm Old,

YKW

Back in your cage or I'll put the leeches on you!

Good boy, here's another Busch Lite.

Read the Nicalau award before you go spouting off with nonsense. Alpa merger policy takes into account the value of jobs brought to the table and expected career progression among other items. Now the career progression of a Skybus Captain is to make 65k plus or minus a couple dollars for the rest of his/her career. If you stapled the number 1 skybus pilot to the bottom of any airline in this country you would not cost the Skybus pilot a single dollar with regards to his future earnings. He had no reasonable expectation of ever making 150k/plus...

Now if AAA had gone DOH we (awa) would have captains making 140/hr and holding a good line suddenly slotted below furloughed pilots with no expectation of EVER being recalled. Two totally different scenarios...

Many don't realize that Nicalaou is sharper than most of us will ever be and he didn't pull this one out of his hat....

Oh that's right I keep on forgetting AWA SAVED Usair...Doug did mention back in Feb 07 that if the merge did not go through AWA would of filed CH11 and reduce workforce by 15%.

WRONG.

This is what you will ALL be doing in 10 years...

Glad I'm Old,

YKW

CE-500? REALLY? I had no idea. It doesn't make you gay or anything. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Hey, who knows, maybe you needed the money.

Cheers.

They don't even have connections, you have to get your luggage and go back out to the ticket counter and purchase another ticket, then pay for your luggage to be checked in...

Hadn't heard that yet. Is that true? If so, wow!

Hadn't heard that yet. Is that true? If so, wow!

True dat. Double true.

You could put 1000 gallons of lipstick on this pig and it still wouldn't look like Hogzilla.

disclaimer: Hogzilla may or may not be a "real" pig.

from www (dot) consumerist.com

A member of the Jaunted travel blog flew Skybus, the new ultra-no-frills airline where you can get a $10 ticket, and said it was, "[w]orth the $10 and not a penny more." VA Gator found the staff, dressed in tshirts, poorly trained and he didn't like how his luggage ended up not coming with him. He also had issue with their overly casual customer interaction. The flight itself was as good as a normal one and the food sold by the craft cart, "DID actually look and smell good." However, he found the seats narrow and the legroom, "non-existent."
To us, this sounds like a case of you get what you pay for. You wants your budget travel, you gets your budget travel. However, passengers with low BS tolerance for BS might want to wait a while until the Skybus employees finish their on-the-job training. — BEN POPKEN
Skybus Flight Reviews: Ten Dollar High Life Or Headache? [Jaunted via Upgrade: Travel Better]

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2007/5...s:+Ten+Dollar+High+Life+Or+Headache?#postform

Last edited:
Why is one of Sky Bus's Capt's a early reitement DAL Capt? So much for the whole ALPA motto of not being whores.

Oh that's right I keep on forgetting AWA SAVED Usair...Doug did mention back in Feb 07 that if the merge did not go through AWA would of filed CH11 and reduce workforce by 15%.

And you,the fool that you are, believed him. Whats that saying about a sucker born every minute?? I would say you are living proof as to the validity of that statement.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back