Boycott Nwa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
We don't move GA aircraft to other airports. They move themselves, since the facilities & operating conditions are more GA friendly.

ok. you "encourage them greatly to move by placing large fees at the larger airports and making them less GA friendly"

I did want to point something out from an earlier comment of yours I just noticed..

However, the decision to build & operate those GA airports rests with the local governments, the FAA etc....not an airline operation at MSP; who has no business subsidizing their operation.

All the relievers are run by the MAC, which is a "local government" organization setup specifically to run and maintain the airports. Reliver and MSP. I'd love to see if NWA, and other airlines, many years ago, as business grew at MSP, asked for the relievers to be built. Something to research I guess.. hrm...

I'm not sure what your main argument is.

MSP is a large airport whose operators should not subsidize any other independent operation. (The thread's main point)

MSP has historically been a large airport for large commercial airliners. As the population grew & small planes increased in number, many GA airports were built. Just like MIA...there's Opa Locka & Tamiami. Instead of EWR, bizjets & small aircraft use TEB, etc etc etc.. Three hundred pound people usually don't buy a GEO Metro.

320AV8R said:
I'm not sure what your main argument is.

MSP is a large airport whose operators should not subsidize any other independent operation. (The thread's main point)

They aren't an independent operation. Al 7 airports in Minneapolis are run by the Metropolitan airport commission. It recieves state and federal funding for all 7 airports. All money for all 7 airports comes from the same pot, so to speak.

I wish the NWA higher ups would stop blaming everyone else for their problems. They blamed small planes for eating into their customer base for awhile (I'm sure it does, but I'd be shocked if its more than acouple percent) Now they try to say that GA doesn't pay a dime for anything. GA pays into the funds through taxes and registrations. Are they in the same league as NWA? no. They don't make money (kinda like how commercial property is taxed higher than residential) and they don't use as many services. I'll point back to my business phone service subsidizing residential phone service. I'll also go back to the fact that commercial airliners are in constant ATC contact, while GA aircraft isn't (Yes, IFR flights are. I'd be curious to know how many GA flights are IFR vs VFR)

goaliemn said:
They aren't an independent operation. Al 7 airports in Minneapolis are run by the Metropolitan airport commission. It recieves state and federal funding for all 7 airports. All money for all 7 airports comes from the same pot, so to speak.

Obviously semantics has taken over this thread.

It's not that difficult a concept. However the repeated explanation has caused this thread to exhaust itself of any form of value.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back