• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Both Mesa GO! pilots fall asleep during flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could this happen? Think About it. Lets be honest. They must have been taking turns naping. Maybe the first one asleep wins and gets 15 minites. How could they both fall asleep at the same time unless it was acceptable for one to nap then the other. On a 30 minite flight at 10 am with a 6 am start its just bullsh!t. so sorry soverytired!

go!ng for broke-

i've said it before- you clearly don't know about the cumulative affects of fatigue-- w/ mesa's schedules this was simply a matter of time. And it begs for OVERSIGHT! I'm curious how many pilots gut out schedules that are not good for their health in the long term. I'm not sticking up for the pilots- i don't get why mesa pilots put up w/ so much crap and allow so much unprofessionalism into their airline... (seriously- shoe shines and ironing are not that hard- you'll feel better) But then again- i don't think i'd last at mesa very long for the same reasons-- whoever's left... well....
The problem though is that this AIRLINE is competing w/ every other airline where the pilots do stick up for safety and long term health. Not to mention a long term career-- how much money does mesa save just by paying half their pilots 1st year pay every year b/c of the turnover? So w/o crucifying or justifying the pilots- can we all agree that mesa getting this kind of press and pressure is a great thing and more needs to happen.

I hear ya. I believe Mesa's management is taking advantage of the FAA's desire to keep the final decission to fly in the hands of the pilots. This is where iin my opinion it belongs. There is no way the federal regs are going to make everyone happy. People are different and so are the way they feel, sleep and work. If they were fatigued they should have called in. It then beomes a Mesa problem as it should be.

Latest resources

Back