Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Col.Hogan

Hello,
I accepted the job with Boston-Maine Airways. Thanks all for the advice.
After meeting and talking with everyone at BMA, they all seem real nice. I am looking foward to flying with them.

P.S. Anyone else have a class date?
Hogan

Contract

Did they have you sign a 5 year contract? That was one of the things I heard about them a while back ago.

Contract

Yes, they do make you sign a 5 year contract. I haven't signed it yet....I think they want it signed at the begining of training.
Yes, it is a long contract, but I thought it was good that they provide all housing costs during training + $25.00/ day. You don't have to pay for uniforms, I think the starting pay is good and it is close by for me. Hogan

J-32

Beantown said:
Hogan, If you are in the j32, enjoy it, it will make you one hell of a pilot! -Bean
You've got that right Bean!! I flew the 31 and 32 for 900 hours at CCAir. My instrument scan was NEVER better than during that period!:cool: :eek: :cool:

The j31/32 grows on you....your stick and rudder skills will grow by leaps and bounds and will never be better than in that airplane I think. You for some weird reason, will miss it when you get to the spoiled EFIS a/p's.....LOL

GOOD LUCK MAN

Js31

Thanks all, I am really looking foward to flying the 31! Sounds like it's a great plane. The only thing I am a little worried about are the systems....How complex are they? Could someone who has no turbine time and only flown light twins (pa31, pa23, be58) be able to handle it ok? Thanks Hogan

Dont worry too much about systems, they are a little strange (if you are at all familiar with British cars....well, the airplanes work kinda the same way). Some things about the systems will make zero sense to you at first, but if you go in with a basic understanding of turbine engines, and their associated systems you will be OK. Try to pick up a copy of "The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual" if you can, they have it at Borders, Barnes & Noble etc., it is a good primer for turbine ops.

If you study hard you won't have a problem.....all Garretts are the same basically. The electrical system ate my lunch but I came from your background before I went to J31 gnd school.....you'll do fine

Latest resources

Back