Bose QC-15 TSO approved by FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mblackey

The FAA issued UFlyMike TSO Authorization (TSO C139) for the UFlyMike Aviation Headset using the Bose QC-15 effective Nov 5, 2010.

The TSO configured Headset is comprised of the Bose QC-15, the A100T series UFlyMike Aviation Headset Adapter, and the Westone earbuds. New FAA labeling procedures require that each component be labeled.

We should have the TSO labels in around Nov 15th. Details will be available on our website soon.

Mike

Good luck Mike! Sounds like you're still make good better!

I'd sure like to see WN approve this THIS time. TSO'd is TSO'd is TSO'd.

Gup

There have been some rumblings around my company with regard to the UFly setup. The phrase "cold, dead fingers" springs to mind.

$hit hot, I miss that headset. I wonder what excuse our company will come up with this time.

I haven't seen this type of set up used before, and I'm curious what the need is for the Westone earbuds? Do you have to use earbuds in addition to the Bose piece?

No Ham you don't "need" the earbuds - unless your carrier/company requires that your headset be TSO'd.

The QC is battery operated and you WILL lose audio when the battery dies unless you have the earbuds which are fulltime audio that aren't reliant on the battery power in the headset.

This is after you've missed the red light that has blinked for a FULL DAY telling you "hey man, your battry is dying!"

It is an AWESOME setup that combines amazing audio/speach quality for 1/2 the price of a "real" Bose headset.

Gup

+1 Gup. Except on the 15 the lite blinks green. Just sayin'

This will still enrage the QC2 guys because they have to buy a different headset. Funny.

I hated those things anyway. I would also speak at a volume just above a whisper when the captain would put his QC2 over both ears. About 1/2 way through the first leg he'd have one ear uncovered, thus defeating the purpose of noise a canceling headset. It would remain that way for 3 days. I'm not shouting because you're tuning out the world. Now if only there was a hot mic solution...

Latest resources

Back