• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bose in the C-17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are use to wearing a helmet all the time. Any headset is a dream!

You guys need to hit the Army up for better helmets. Mine fits like a glove, 9+ hours with no problems on missions.

Bose is a pilots wet dream though. Flew with one for 4+ years.

I wear an HGU-55 with the nice hush kit now, and I will still take a DC headset any day over a Helmet or a Bose. We all have our preferences.

Maybe it is an AF thing with the DC's...Large Cranium Complex and all :)

Fix

Thanks for all the replys. If what I think will work to adapt them, I will start using the Bose, but I will also always carry the issued headset.

5 years as a C-141 driver, 5 years as a T-1 instructor. My 1st contract flight in a Beechjet I was introduced to the Bose X. I haven't gone back. As to being pink slipped for wearing them, only an uptight loser would do this. The civilian world has been such a breath of fresh air. Who cares what PSI the snooder valve opens...

5 years as a C-141 driver, 5 years as a T-1 instructor. My 1st contract flight in a Beechjet I was introduced to the Bose X. I haven't gone back. As to being pink slipped for wearing them, only an uptight loser would do this. The civilian world has been such a breath of fresh air. Who cares what PSI the snooder valve opens...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

forgive me for being dumb, but what would cause a pink due to Bose X ?

(I have zero time in the Beechjet by the way...)

What kind of landings are these crash and dashes, where you hold the angle to touchdown with no flare, bounce back up, then give it takeoff power and go?

Seeing a C-17 do a fighter style break over the runway for a close circuit was pretty cool

What kind of landings are these crash and dashes, where you hold the angle to touchdown with no flare, bounce back up, then give it takeoff power and go?

Seeing a C-17 do a fighter style break over the runway for a close circuit was pretty cool

Assault landings. The crash and dash is a GOAT (Go-around after touchdown). Oh no, now Al Qaeda knows what a GOAT is.

Latest resources

Back