Bose in the C-17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skippy22

Does anyone know how to get a standard military bose headset to work in the C-17? Supposedly you can do it, but it seems rare.

Personally I prefer the Dave Clark ANR model where you can switch between Hi and Low impedance. It works on any aircraft, and since they don't rest on top of your ears like the Bose, your ears will not hurt after extended durations. I think the Bose are sheit, and don't hold up well to rugged use.

Last edited:
I have seen guys use them. They have an adapter for the high impedance mic. I just heard they are working out some kinks and should be brought online pretty soon. Heck, the C-5 and 135 use 'em. I can't stand the DC skullcrushers. I almost broke down and dropped the 1 grand for a pair.

Seeing as it was shot down by AMC once already I'm not sure as to when we'll see see them, I know the Boeing guys fly with them as does the *** **** ******* but I also know a couple of dozen of EP's that will hand out a Q-3 for using one so good luck

Seeing as it was shot down by AMC once already I'm not sure as to when we'll see see them, I know the Boeing guys fly with them as does the *** **** ******* but I also know a couple of dozen of EP's that will hand out a Q-3 for using one so good luck

Must be active duty. Love to eat their own.

Actually USAFR; and the standards apply to all - I have complained about the clarks for years and tried to get a couple of FS's involved to get it approved, please pm me if you have a way to get us those bose X's. Every time I have asked the question, dinged the traveling 2 star, the standard bs answer is oh we tried that but they didn't work, but they seem to work just fine on the CV-22, C-130, C-141(when it was still flying), C-5, and just about every other C type out there why not us? So do what I do, file a fm 97, talk to DOV and put in a 457, find an energetic flight doc to tackle the problem, but if you want to violate the regs, have at it, I just pray I don't have to deadhead on your jet while you slack off on something else.

Latest resources

Back