• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Send the Bose here

Send the Bose in.

Attn: Curtis Jacobites
Bose Corp
145 Pennsylvania Ave
Framingham, MA 01701

Phone is 800-287-0611

Mine were repaired and shiped back within a week.

I fly with a guy that has Bose in his aircraft. He has had to send them in a couple times. I think they have fixed them both times with no hassle though. I never was impressed with them. They aren't very comfortable and the boom never stays put. I would never buy them.

Seems I am not alone. Boy was I excited to see that shiny new Bose Headset under the Christmas tree last year. Sadly, I took them on my first trip and was deeply disappointed in their performance. The ANR is no where close to the David Clarks I was using before. It tough to tell the guys in the crew lounge that the DC's are much better and half the price. Infact, I had traditional DC until a guy installed ANR in them for $150 and the are superb. Granted, the Bose is more comfortable but they do not perform as well. Also have a friend with Peltor and he really likes them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Lightspeeds are wonderful. I can't notice too much differensce between them and the Bose. Why is everyone so obsessed by DC? Spend half the money and get the same performance.

'nuther "me too" for the DC ANR. I own an H10-13XL and have also flown with the Bose X. The Bose is more comfortable after a few hours, but the DC's ANR is as good or better and has MUCH better mic audio. The flexible boom on the Bose is junk. I'd have been REALLY pissed if I'd bought a Bose and later tried the DC.

Boy, talk about how everybody has opinions and posterior orifi. ;) I got a pair of Bose at Sun N Fun. After trying out one of my student's, I decided they were for me. I have the DC ANRs, which worked quite well. I'll still use them as backups and for pax, but for all day every day wearing, I'll take the Bose! I found their ANR worked best out of any other brands I've owned or tried. The only thing is if the batt goes out, you're SOL. Nil passive! I always carry a spare and spongys.

I'm a Bose believer!! At least in piston singles and twins. Hopefully to try them out in the CL-65 as soon as I get out of the deep end of this darned pool. Fall's coming, hope the pool's heated!!

I have heard Lightspeeds are nice but last time I checked they were NOT TSO'd for the CL-65 and DC is. Bottom line, buy what you feel comfortable with. My DC's feel just fine to me. Of course I spent 22 yrs with a helicopter helmet on!

Haven't heard anyboyd mention this brand yet:

I have Telex Echelon-150's, which a so-called "semi-active" noise cancelling. Not quite as good at cancelling as some of the higher end headsets, but I much preferred them over my old DC 10-13, and also the 10-20 (i think thats the newer passive model). Anyways, the great thing about them is that I got them for about $280 bucks, and consider it a bargain for a "semi" entry into the noise cancelling world. I was very rough on them as well with a couple years of flight instruction and then the BE-1900. Highly recommend for the noise cancelling desiree on a fixed budget!

I've had quite a bit of experience with problems with the Bose. They are way overpriced and they are a step up from junk. They are impressive at first or maybe for the occasional flyer. The sound quality of the mic. is poor and the construction is even worse. Save the money and buy just about any other brand of ANR headsets. I'm really interested in Headsets Inc.'s new set. Has anyone tried them? I think they are under $400.

Latest resources

Back