Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grassstrippilot

Hey all,

I flew with a guy a couple of months ago that had just a normal Bose ANR headset (like you see pax wearing in the back) that he had bought a conversion plug-in that made it into an aviation headset. It was pretty cool. He said that some pilot at another airline had designed the plug-in which contained the mic boom and turned his music listening headset into an aviation headset. Plus it gave you a light weight Bose headset for a third of the price of the "aviation" Bose headsets.

Anyone heard of this? If so, please post the link to order one.

Thanks

Bose QC II

http://uflymike.com

I,ve been using them for the last 18 months in the B737-/3/5/700. Now doing some testing with it in the C-130. All I can say is "...best money I have spent on flying gear."

Hooch

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. I'm assuming the Pro is the one you all purchased. Seems that it is the best choice for use at work (airlines) and play (GA aircraft). If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Hey,
This may be classified as nitpicking, but the above headset does not have TSO certification. Under Part 121 headsets must be worn below 18,000ft MSL. A lot of people are using them at the 121 level. Unless a headset has TSO certification it is not a "headset" as defined by the FAA. Draw whatever inference you want, but you will not be wearing a head set, but some other device.
PBR

People will also hate to fly with you because they are very loud on the intercom. I really dislike flying with people who have that headset.

I've been using the Telex 850 for about a year. I love it! Best $400 that I've spent on flying equipment. Comfortable all day long, no batteries to mess with, and reasonably quiet.

Does anyone know if/where I can get gell ear cups for the Bose X?

Latest resources

Back