• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kenneth Cole makes a very stylish dress boot that I have been very pleased with. Aldo also has quite a few different boots that are in the new line and are pretty reasonably priced. I prefer these two lines over anything else that I have tried to date.

3 5 0

I'll make the 3rd vote for the Ariat cobalt ropers. very comfy and the carbon-fiber shank is invisible to the TSA nazis. about 120.00ish and available online from various sources

Hmmmmm

I need to check those Ariat Cobalts out. I have a pair of Ariats that I use on the ranch, and they are by far the most comfortable, durable boots I have ever owned. If the cobalts are anything like their other boots, they are worth every penny. Cavenders here in LBB does not have them yet...Guess I'll have to get them when I make it back to DFW!!!!

Update on the Ariat Cobalts

After having them for a couple of months and trying them at ATL and other high stress TSA's, they work like a charm and fit great. Until now, I've only worn Lucchesse ropers, but I just switched brands. Bottom line, great price, all leather, TSA stealth, slip resistent, VERY sturdy. If your in the market go get a pair.

Oh, yeah. They run very true to size.

If you want to order them, this person will give you a good price.

Rita at the Carousel Tack Shop.....205-991-0007

AAflyer said:
I then walk through with a wand guy looking at me like a whooper with extra cheese then I am able to say my second line.

What the heck is a whooper? :confused: (ROTFL)

After I left the military, the first captain I flew with on a revenue flight, originally from Scandinavia or Norway asked me if I wanted to go get a whooper! I had to ask him to repeat the question 3-times before I finally figured out what he meant was a whopper - that was good for a moment of laughter for both of us! :D

Oh yeah, to keep this ontopic Ropers - very comfortable although my the first pair I ever got did seem to take a little bit of time to breakin. Maybe I should have gone a size larger because I recall it taking quite a bit of effort to get them off for the first few weeks!

Michael

Last edited:
Ropers??

If yer boots don't come to a point how the heck do ya kill the cockroaches in the corner of the kitchen?

Easier to get in the stirrup too.

"If yer boots don't come to a point how the heck do ya kill the cockroaches in the corner of the kitchen?"

Ya take careful aim and drown em with Levi Garrett juice! And if ya think that's gross, how do handle the emotional trauma of gettin cockroach guts all over your boot toe?

We better stop before this turns into another anti-redneck post.

Ya take careful aim and drown em with Levi Garrett juice! And if ya think that's gross, how do handle the emotional trauma of gettin cockroach guts all over your boot toe?

Emotional trauma??

Ya mean for the cockroaches that got away?

Latest resources

Back