Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier to sell 120 planes to NETJETS???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless I'm missing something...why would they have Lear 85 stuff while coming out of Wichita? I was pretty certain the Lear was a Bombardier product? No?

Because Learjets are made/completed in ICT, despite being owned by Bombardier?

Because Learjets are made/completed in ICT, despite being owned by Bombardier?

Was that a question mark at the end of your sentence? I'd have to doubt that they are made/completed at a plant owned by a competitor, unless it's avionics or something? Wouldn't Bombardier have all the completion facilites up in Montreal?

Unless you know for sure? I really don't....

Last edited:
The question mark was because I answered in the form of a question.

Bombardier purchased Lear in 1990.

Learjets are made in Wichita, on the northeast side of 19R.

The facility is called "Bombardier Learjet".

The Lear 40/45/60 is manufactured in Wichita. Many components for the Lear 85 are to be manufactured in Mexico, with the airplane's final assembly and completion taking place there.

Hence why an airplane coming out of Wichita had lots of Lear 85 promotional materials - Wichita is Lear HQ, despite being owned by Bombardier.

Last edited:
The Lear 40/45/60 is manufactured in Wichita. Many components for the Lear 85 are to be manufactured in Mexico, with the airplane's final assembly and completion taking place there.
The 60 fuselage is manufactured in northern ireland and shipped to ICT for completion.

And that explains it..thanks guys......if I came across as saracastic sorry. Didn't know if Boiler was asking a question also....

Flew a demo trip for Netjets last week. Picked up a couple famous faces and took them from ICT-CMH. Every piece brought on the plane had Learjet 85 on it. Very dependable source quoted 100 aircraft deal done by the end of summer.

That Lear 85 looks like a sweet ride with a nice office for those up front:

http://www.learjet85.com/en/technology/avionics.html

If it becomes the replacement for the Soveriegn, I know a C680 pilot at Netjets who will be happy - he is not a fan of the airplane or the Primus Epic up front. Nice to see that avionics continue to evolve - I love that synthetic vision.

Latest resources

Back