• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier Large Cabin Demo pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting assessment, G4G5. I like the Dassault demo guys - outgoing and friendly, but the Bombardier large cabin demo pilots seem to be a dark and brooding lot. Maybe it's for good cause.

GV
Its not just the pilots, the entire hangar is like a mourge!

The one time I was there (at their BDL facility), I had the same impressions as GVFlyer and Conan80.

I have the opportunity to interview with them. They are still at KBDL? Pay? QOL? Overall opinion?

Thanks

There are far to many reasons to list here. But the main reason the job sux is that Bombardier as a company lacks vision.

They will never be an industry innovator they are a pack of followers. You will be micro managed in everything you do, they profess to be safety conscious yet when it comes to scheduling its non existent, you are berated and run off if you even think of having a dissenting opinion.

There is not 1 person left in that department that was there the day I got hired. and some of those guys had 15 -20 years at the company.

If you want 3-4 type ratings and never to be home, then take the job just remember that every demo you do you should treat it like a job interview so you can move on ASAP.

CG

a friend of mine did that gig for a while as an interim job. it worked well for him. he has a great job now. sometimes a half-step back is needed to keep going forward.

605 Demo plane Down for MX

The current 605 Demo plane is down in Indy. Mx issue with no parts available and no one able to work on it. Great sales pitch for support.

Last edited:
The current 605 Demo plane is down in Indy. Mx issue with no parts available and no one able to work on it. Great sales pitch for support.

That's funny, the CL300 is AOG in Hillsboro right now (or at least it was yesterday). They came in to display/demo and then had a pack problem.

I fly a Bombardier product and really like it. It is reliable and comfortable. The thing that makes my job great is the people I work for, not the aircraft.

I can imagine there are some things that some of the other large cabin jets have over the 604, but it really doesn't matter because the company that hired me does not own a Gulfstream. They pay me (and they pay me well) to fly their aircraft, whether it is citation I or a G550.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back