• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier in CVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You heard that too. Apparently from the JFK elite that it's not only Compass, but Mesaba too. I say B.S. to the 3rd power. But what the heck do I know, I thought I would upgrade in three years, just shows how f'n dumb I am.
Yeah, but I heard it from a very senior captain who has friends in upper management.
Everyone knows that's where the best information comes from.

Will Delta really need 3 wholly owned subsidiaries when this merger is done?

Seems like it'd be easier to manage one cert...

Comair flying will be terminated by Delta/NWA and the maintenance and ground handling will likely be merged with the other two wholly owned carriers.

Messaba and Comair maybe... not Compass. DL will want to keep them separate and not pollute their list with pilots that have actually been there MORE than 2 years.

Let's see CRJ900 with 2nd year CA and 1st year FO or CRJ900 with 18 year CA and 6 year FO?

BTW: MX told me they were moving into (annexing) the Messaba hanger which has been empty in order to do heavy checks.

Just curious, what's the DOH of the most junior Comair CVG CA now? Any idea after the downgrades?

Too lazy to look it up so don't know JFK, but CVG is somewhere around late 2000 DOH.

I was Mar 2000. Upgraded CVG in 2003. Reserve for 5+ years and now that I finally had the possibility of a line in sight back down to the bottom of the stack.

Oh, btw: Mesa SUCKS!

Mesa FO told me the other night in JFK they were back because Comair couldn't handle JFK ops. He was serious too. I threw up a little in my mouth when he said that.

Last edited:
Too lazy to look it up so don't know JFK, but CVG is somewhere around late 2000 DOH.

I was Mar 2000. Upgraded CVG in 2003. Reserve for 5+ years and now that I finally had the possibility of a line in sight back down to the bottom of the stack.

Mesa FO told me the other night in JFK they were back because Comair couldn't handle JFK ops. He was serious too. I threw up a little in my mouth when he said that.

thats funny he should look at freedoms performance number to date for this month. 91% completion factor. Also the months that Freedom was completely out of JFK was the month we had a record what was it 13 or 14 100% completion days!

Thanks. I was Jan02 hire and never got close in CVG. Just wondering where some of my old classmates stood.

Best of luck to you guys. Seems like it's just one obstacle after another.

Latest resources

Back