• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier G-200s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just as I hope some old airplanes in the future go to Gulfstream.

But we both know neither will happen while you-know-who is still running the company. Or, quite frankly, while the Uncle is still beating people up for a nickel.

No other company has taken the volume of used airplanes that Bombardier had. This was a key point to buying all those jets from Canada.

In the past most planes were painted white with a WC tail number "who cares" and being sold in the open market. The planes had great mx histories, high time but were quite a good deal. There was always a balance to make sure that they weren't to cheap to devalue the fractional market sales.

Netjets needed to unload a large large amount of planes. X's and 200's. The used market couldn't even handle that many. Bombardier wanted to sell planes bad to keep the factories running, and cash flow coming in. They had to do this.

Embraer also did this with all the old U-boats. Pretty standard stuff.

Embraer also did this with all the old U-boats. Pretty standard stuff.

it isn't really standard stuff. It became more commonplace when the economy went to crap and keeping the factories running was more important.

It's the manufacturer wanting to sell planes so bad that they are willing to take the hit on used inventory that isn't even their product and take it for the customer.

it isn't really standard stuff. It became more commonplace when the economy went to crap and keeping the factories running was more important.

It's the manufacturer wanting to sell planes so bad that they are willing to take the hit on used inventory that isn't even their product and take it for the customer.

Today and ~> = standard.

When does the last G200 leave the fleet at Netjets?

Aircraft retirement dates at NetJets are a moving target. Flight demand changes, aircraft delivery date changes, management changes (hey, I can hope....) all affect the fleet plan on an almost weekly basis.

It wasn't that long ago they were telling us in recurrent that all the G-IV's would be gone by the end of this year. That AIN'T happening.

Short answer? We'll know when the last G200 is going to leave when the pilot delivers it to its new home.

I've watched these post for a while regarding NetJets and " Uncle Warren. Why is it that he is " beating people up for a nickel"? He owns the Company .. Your were hired , as an employee .. You didn't give a dime towards its success . However most of you seem content to offer up whatever it takes to see to its demise ... Are you not paid a better than average salary? Better than more than the average benefits ? For which you contribute what each month ? Nothing as I hear it ... If you're all so unhappy in your over 6 figure incomes , and some of you have more than enough money to retire , why don't. You leave your miserable job to someone who will appreciate its value and everything it offers ? You don't deserve it !

I've watched these post for a while regarding NetJets and " Uncle Warren. Why is it that he is " beating people up for a nickel"? He owns the Company .. Your were hired , as an employee .. You didn't give a dime towards its success . However most of you seem content to offer up whatever it takes to see to its demise ... Are you not paid a better than average salary? Better than more than the average benefits ? For which you contribute what each month ? Nothing as I hear it ... If you're all so unhappy in your over 6 figure incomes , and some of you have more than enough money to retire , why don't. You leave your miserable job to someone who will appreciate its value and everything it offers ? You don't deserve it !

Seat belt's good and tight. Grabbing the popcorn... Here we go...

This is going to be good! Should we sell tickets?

Latest resources

Back