Bombardier Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New Hire Aircraft

When I was hired, they were placing fellas where they needed them.
This does include the CL604. I was offered the L45 or L60. I chose the L60 and I still do not regret it. One terrific aircraft!! They are not hiring into the 300. That a/c is all done internally. I have found this place a great place to work and fly. Great group of pilots that don't mind working hard when we need to. Yes, there are some negatives, but aren't they everywhere?

Cheers, Ron

How long until Captain upgrade? Estimates...

broken spoke said:
When I was hired, they were placing fellas where they needed them.
This does include the CL604. I was offered the L45 or L60. I chose the L60 and I still do not regret it. One terrific aircraft!! They are not hiring into the 300. That a/c is all done internally. I have found this place a great place to work and fly. Great group of pilots that don't mind working hard when we need to. Yes, there are some negatives, but aren't they everywhere?

Cheers, Ron
What's the upgrade time now? I knew a Lear 60 FO who was trapped in that position for 4-5 years. If you were hired into a Lear 60 as an FO now, would you likely move up to the Lear 40/45 Captain position next or would it depend upon your preference (i.e., wait a long time for a Lear 60 or Challenger 300 Captain slot)? What about the Lear 31 - are you still hiring into that aircraft too?

We have hired into the Lear 31 lately.

Career progression: First officers are hired into any fleet, are upgraded as Learjet captains (any LR fleet), and eventually transition to the Challenger fleet as a captain.

I believe the most junior captain was hired in Feb 2000.

Quality of life and upgrade time at Flexjet are horrible. Couple years ago we started losing folks to Netjets and Flight Options. Now we are starting to lose guys to regional airlines - and that's a 50% paycut. That's how bad it is for those folks who are in the bottom half of the seniority list.

Must tell ya something.

Notice how easy to spout invectives without any facts to back them up.

Now we are starting to lose guys to regional airlines
ahhh... doubt that.

Lost guys to Options? You mean the one who got fired?

Quality of life is horrible? What's wrong, you're not getting any? Don't blame Flexjet for that. Oh wait, you're one of the guys who reports for duty at 0401 on day 1, is worked 14 hours every duty day, and gets home at 2359 on their last day every week. Yeah, I've heard about that.

Upgrade times? Well, that's well documented. No big news flash there.

Talked to a friend of mine in HR here at Pinnacle. They get about half a dozen new resumes from Flexjet F/O's every week.

Of course, that's half a dozen resumes of about 100+ total resumes received so it's a small amount, but there are plenty of guys there at Flexjet looking over here thinking two years to upgrade in a CRJ with a biddable schedule of 14-16 days off within 6 months is worth a cut in pay. About 3 years to break even with about half again as many days off.

Kind of makes regional airline life seem not so bad... I know I enjoy it more than I did Flexjet - except for the empty legs - nothing like an empty Learjet to remind you how much fun flying can be sometimes! :)

Are you responsible for getting yourself to you domicile, or do they pay to fly you there?

Latest resources

Back