Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotjc

BOEING'S BIG BET

CNBC goes behind the scenes at aircraft manufacturer Boeing as it scrambles to deliver its groundbreaking new airliner, the 787 Dreamliner. The 787 promises huge leaps in technology and fuel efficiency, but it's also years late and billions over budget. If it delivers, the plane could reinvent the airline industry and earn tens of billions for Boeing, but a failure could be a corporate nightmare. Join CNBC’s Phil LeBeau through the factory floors, test flights, laboratories and showrooms of Boeing, one of America’s last great manufacturers, as it makes a multi-billion dollar bet called “the Dreamliner.”

CNBC'S "BOEING'S BIG BET" WILL PREMIERE ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH
Tuesday, 9/27/2011 (ALL TIMES IN ET):
9:00 PM BOEING'S BIG BET
10:00 PM BOEING'S BIG BET
12:00 AM BOEING'S BIG BET
1:00 AM BOEING'S BIG BET

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ber-27/102698/

Regrettfully, Airbus get's it.

A fly by wire aircraft with a full size yoke? It's a complete and utter joke.. a throw back to cables, pulleys and manual reversion. A yoke is there for leverage and maximum cable movement.

For all the great aircraft Boeing has made, they still aren't looking forward.

Of course this is the same company that finally decided to reengine the 737. So we'll have that 1960's design flying around for another 20-30 years.

Which is a good thing, indeed.

Yes, it's a good thing ... if you still watch 'The Rat Patrol', 'Bonanza', 'Hogan's Heroes', or 'The Brady Bunch'. [homersimpsonvoice]Marrrrshaaaa[/homersimpsonvoice]

I'll refrain from off color jokes about wanting to play with my stick.

Have any of you Yoke-Lovers ever flown a sidestick? I've yet to meet/see/hear of a pilot who's flown both on an airliner actually prefer the yoke.

As a die hard Boeing Man, I get to fly with a lot of guys with Airbus experience and I would have to agree, not a single one has said they prefer the yoke - the simplicity of the Boeing functionality yes - but never the yoke.

Bring it on I say.

fv

Latest resources

Back