• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing-Unidentified buyers order 47 Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....and about another 5 - 7 years to go. I got the time, I just might hit that 1000 post mark.

I started on the DC9 in 1996 and will probabley retire off the MD80 in 2022 or 2027. Who needs a Dreamliner with a dreamy career like that?!!!

AMEN brotha', the DC9/MD80 is the last of the "MANLY" airplanes out there!

Super 80 for life

AMEN brotha', the DC9/MD80 is the last of the "MANLY" airplanes out there!

Super 80 for life

Nope.....you are wrong!

The B727 is the MANLY bird...plently of em still around.

As for the Stretch-9......I'll let you slide.

(p.s. I flew em both)

Nope.....you are wrong!

The B727 is the MANLY bird...plently of em still around.

As for the Stretch-9......I'll let you slide.

(p.s. I flew em both)

I'll see you're 727 and MD80 and raise you a DC8-71F. Not only was it the manly plane of all manly planes ,but a Physics 101 lesson in mass and inertia for someone coming out of commuter turboprops. (....which was my background at the time i was hired to fly them.)

PHXFLYR:cool:

I'll see you're 727 and MD80 and raise you a DC8-71F. Not only was it the manly plane of all manly planes ,but a Physics 101 lesson in mass and inertia for someone coming out of commuter turboprops. (....which was my background at the time i was hired to fly them.)

Ditto, my first jet was a DC-8-73F...A big mean machine for this turbo-prop driver.
I thought the simulator (first one in my young life) was going to eat me alive...After that training and those check rides, everything has been easy thereafter...:D

DC-9? Light Twin....

I am sorry but as a guy that flew -135's for 15 yrs some with water injection on the same side and no powered rudder or hyd. boost for flight controls I have to throw a flag on the MD-80 or DC-8. Water loss on one side was worse than an engine loss and the rudder could push a small guy right up the back of the seat. The KC-135 is 50 yrs old and still has 20 more yrs of life.

Latest resources

Back