• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing to Repo. ATA 737-800 ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I'll post something to make it an official PU reunion thread.

Just out of curiosity - where are these repoed -800's coming from? There aren't that many airlines that flyi them.

CL

FLB717 said:
Well thanks for the wonderful reply. It was not passive agressive behavior. I was concerned that a bad thing could be happening to good people. Sorry you took offense to a real caring concern. I didnt know Mickey was gay by the way? If you noticed I mentioned it may be real BS. But it is better to ask forgivness than permission. Glad to see you keep them. Now go to bed young man, you need the sleep more than I!

Gee, unfounded allegations sting, don't they? I'm not sure how to respond to your response. Here goes.

Big hitters in baseball get brushed back by opposing pitchers, known to the afficionado as 'chin music'. Ergo, the flagrantly sarcastic comment about balls to the chin. I can't take credit for the crack. It was used by Stuttering John from the Howard Stern show when 'interviewing' Mickey Mantle.

Sorry if I came off a little harsh to your question. It's just that a lot of what is supposed to pass for concern from forum contributors is just gossip-mongering in disguise. General Lee has raised this to a perverse artform - posting every negative press article about other airlines while crying crocodile tears for the trials and tribulations of the beleaguered airlines' pilots. I thought your post was just more of the same.

ATA's financial situation has been pored over extensively on this forum, and our quarterly results are available on our public web site. Instead of just popping off with a ludicrous question over whether our aircraft are being repossessed (with a subject heading that states 'Boeing to repo ATA 737-800' for every visitor to the forum to see), why didn't you spend thirty or forty seconds checking online to see if there was any validity to your 'usual good source's' claim? ATA has nearly 200 million in the bank and has been profitable in the past three quarters. So Boeing, which has a significant financial stake in the airline, is going to reposess aircraft? Your post, at best, exhibits irresponsible propagandizing.

So.

Let me respond to your post again.

The answer is no.

Njcapt: That is unequivably the funniest avatar I have ever seen on this forum.

NJCap,
Well it is simple. Most things of rumor have some fact if you dig. 737 Repo, yeah maybe it is true, only as one of your own stated they are to come more likly to you, not from. If we all waited to get our info from the news papers this forum would have little use other than to crow of how good great my airline xyz is. next time Ill just believe the rumor BS and not ask a source who should/may know. Keep the dirty side down.

FLB717 said:
NJCap,
Well it is simple. Most things of rumor have some fact if you dig. 737 Repo, yeah maybe it is true, only as one of your own stated they are to come more likly to you, not from. If we all waited to get our info from the news papers this forum would have little use other than to crow of how good great my airline xyz is. next time Ill just believe the rumor BS and not ask a source who should/may know. Keep the dirty side down.

You need to get over yourself.

What exactly is simple? I have heard absolutely NO information about ATA getting reposessed 737 aircraft. I don't know where texanpilot got his info. Quite the opposite, we have deferred delivery of five of the seven 737's we had set to receive in 2004.

Rumor board, Heavy Set? I checked all over the flightinfo web site, and absolutely nowhere did I see the words 'rumor board'. Here's the search results I got from the main page on the terms 'rumor board':

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I posted a rumor I allegedly heard about FLB717's sexual preference, and he got all pissy about it. Why should I be held to a higher standard than he is?

FLB717, you got your answer. If you want to avoid further abuse, you could always delete your original post. I absolutely will not apologize for reacting to your irresponsible post in the manner I did. I rarely respond to what I consider to be slanderous commentary, but I couldn't let such a baseless hack go unanswered.

Res ipsa loquitor

What's wrong, NJCapt? Your sweaty cellmate love slave T-Bags got furloughed, and now you're spankin' it all alone?

If you can't stomach a single question about the company you work for without spazzing out, maybe you need a little Orange Apron appreciation time at Home Depot wiht D-Bag.

FLB717 said:
Does any ATA guys know if this rumor I heard from a usual good source is true, or hopefully just BS?

I haven't heard this rumor. Just deferred delivery from '04 to '05.

But I was also surprised with the announcement that more 757s were coming. I should have seen that one coming with all the 757 new hires.

Gotta loooove it here. My orientation, .77M, 35,0 & J49 to OTK Leese9 Arrival, paid and happy. oh yaeh, straight. Why NJCapt, you lookin for a date?;)

Latest resources

Back