Boeing Sim Instructor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JediNein said:
The rumor is the Long Beach facility has closed or greatly reduced their client load, is this true?

Long Beach is still alive, as for client load, only reduction in client load is due to the slow down in the 717......

Take A said:
Does anyone have info about being a Sim Instructor at Boeing in Washington?

Is it a nice facility? Pay? Flying opportunities? Something to walk away from "The Business" for? QOL?

Go for the interview and see what they have to say, it can be a challenging job to say the least as you will be training pilots from the airlines that purchase the aircraft and the students that you will be training will have a variety of flight experience from little to heavy time. You could also find yourself teaching all over the world, where there airplane goes, so does the instructors....

As for flying, I am guessing that the Senior guys hog up most of the flying while the junior guys get to teach in the simulator in India, in the middle of the summer.....

My understanding (which comes from a couple of friends that work for TBC), is that while there may be instructors at the former Alteon facility, they do not get to fly the airplane, period. The pilots out of TBC Flight Training get to fly and teach in the sim. Of all the guys who I have known for the the last five years at FSI/Alteon/Boeing, none of them ever touch the airplane, with the exception of a couple of pilots who are exclusively attached to the BBJ program. None of the pilots affiliated with the B767/757 programs get to fly the airplane even though at one point in their lives they were training pilots at Boeing. Go figure. The point? Make sure you are clear about what your job description really lets you do and not do.

Latest resources

Back