• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

boeing agreed to re-engine the 737 for AMR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uggg. I want Boeing to get orders, but not for a bootstrapped dinosaur.

Will Boeing also re-do the 737 overhead panel - or will SWA pilots vigorously object???????

I hope this doesn't indicate that Boeing will give-up on designing an entirely new airplane. We need true innovation - not just revamped 1970-designed aircraft. You'd think (and hope) that Boeing would avoid 787 missteps in the process going forward.

Agreed. The 737NG is a disgrace. 1960s overhead panel, same cockpit windows as 707/727 which = LOUD, ridiculously fast Vref speed, spinning trim wheels (YGTBSM!)... the list goes on and on.

Agreed. The 737NG is a disgrace. 1960s overhead panel, same cockpit windows as 707/727 which = LOUD, ridiculously fast Vref speed, spinning trim wheels (YGTBSM!)... the list goes on and on.

You will love the airbus!

Will Boeing also re-do the 737 overhead panel - or will SWA pilots vigorously object???????

I hope this doesn't indicate that Boeing will give-up on designing an entirely new airplane. We need true innovation - not just revamped 1970-designed aircraft. You'd think (and hope) that Boeing would avoid 787 missteps in the process going forward.

The CEO said, on CNBC, a new design won't happen until "well into the next decade." The unreliable schedule for delivery of a new design with different materials is not attractive to the airlines that need to replace their aging fleets.

PtP

I agree! I was so hoping they would redesign and at least give us enough room to put our bags in the flight deck. Don't put new lipstick on an old pig.

they better not!!!!

this is so true, but so many don't want to say it.... it's why I 10 times more preferred flying the A320 than the 737 as a "narrow" body... FAR more comfortable and quiet cockpit.... Boeing should have re-worked the 757 airframe into a 737 replacement... instead of parking that design.

Latest resources

Back