• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take a rudder hard over vs. the tail coming off over Jamaica Bay.

The tail came off for a reason. Have you ever slammed any control surface in FULL deflection, right left right left right? I have never. You have 1 FO who severely overreacted to wake turbulence ALWAYS by using the rudder. Introducing severe side load does no good to help a roll rate caused by wake turbulence at 250 kts. He did full opposite deflections 5 times before it snapped. Lets not blame the Airbus for that one. I agree with the NTSB's final conclusion, no matter how much it "hurts."

You notice those aircraft were FLOWN to a safe landing? You're airbus pops a few CB's and you're just a passenger.

You're obviously not familiar with the mechanical backup mode. What sort of kills an Airbus is the same that kills e.g. a DC-10, total loss of hydraulic systems. Not sure if the same applies to Boeings.

P.S. btw it's your airbus not you're airbus. :smash:

You're obviously not familiar with the mechanical backup mode. What sort of kills an Airbus is the same that kills e.g. a DC-10, total loss of hydraulic systems. Not sure if the same applies to Boeings.

P.S. btw it's your airbus not you're airbus. :smash:
Oh good burn on the grammar.....pretty interesting how defensive you airbi boys are getting. Maybe it's because deep down you know I'm right.

Oh good burn on the grammar.....pretty interesting how defensive you airbi boys are getting. Maybe it's because deep down you know I'm right.

Deep down I know that you have no knowledge about the Airbus. Why don't you take a look at the links I posted.

In my opinion this plane is one of the best ever built. Why did Boeing not create a next gen version of this? The 737900 is such a dog and will never live up to the 757. It seems like a 757 with new engines would be a great plane

Contintntal approached Boeing years ago asking to re-open the 757 production line and to develop a modern day version of the aircraft. Boeing refused. Their answer; "We are committed to the 787 program." That plastic pile of sh!t has cost them their Legacy.

Latest resources

Back